we're expecting

No, we are not pregnant.... well, sortof. We are expecting a baby (possibly 2!) next april. yes, we have found a surrogate. This one is for sure. We are starting the process right now-- the medical and psychological screenings, attorneys, contracts, etc.. We expect to do the transfer in late June or july (these things can't be planned to the exact date. I'm SOOOOOOOOOO excited about it. Our surrogate is LDS and lives an hour from us and she is willing to work with us financially because she too wants it to happen in June/july for her own reasons.

Next item of buisness: we are planning on coming to Utah in June. The question is when. Steve is out of school june 11th-july 4th. He has a scout campout in st george area starting on the 14th that will probably last a few days. I know the dastrups are not available the 16th-19th as well as the 25th-27th. So I'm thinking that limits us to coming somewhere between the 20th and the 25th (we also must be in california on the 26th and 27th) or thet 28th through the 4th. Thoughts?

Comments

Chad said…
Surrogacy: YAY!
Why possibly 2?

Utah: YAY!
Marilyn said…
I know why possibly 2! If you're going to pay $50K for it, you don't want to do it again in 2 years, so you go for twins!
We are flexible in June...nothing written in stone, so I would guess this one would be up to the Dastrups.
Marilyn said…
I thought you had to have all the money up front? No??
Erica said…
We're excited for you guys. And I would agree, if possible, twins is the way to go. But, maybe not triplets. :)
Christa said…
Exciting news! Twins would kill me. I'm glad you feel up to it! I'm sure that you know that with twins the risk in the pregnancy goes way up. The chances of twins being born prematurely (and thus sometimes having disabilites as a result) is a lot higher than with a single pregnancy, but I'm sure that you are weighing all the risks as you are making your decision. I just hope all goes well!

I would vote for the 20-25 just because Brigham's bday and the 4th would mean that we would have to share time with the Dastrups then. But either way is good-- we'll be there!
Gramps said…
"this one is for sure" Are you sure? ;-) I wouldn't mind two more munchkins to play with and talk on the phone with. June anytime is great..just tell me when.

Popular posts from this blog

A tale of two Brians

Common Answers: November Results