I went over to mom's yesterday to be with her while my dad went to the West's to watch BYU tromple all over UCLA. I got to surprize her 3 times in one day with my visit! She was surprized and so pleased to see me when I first arrived, and then I went out in the garden to pick 2 bushels of peaches that needed to be picked ( or else they would drop B4 monday), and then I came back into the yard and she was pleased all over again that I had come to see her, and then I cleaned in the house for awhile and then went back into the garden to pick the raspberries for them, and yes, she was just as thrilled when I came back again that I had come to see her for a visit!
They are doing pretty well, all things considered. Mom has been saying since June that she is SURE glad that all that canning is done (she never remembers a time when there was more to do)...one nearly doesn't have the heart to tell her that it is just getting started! Anyone that would like peaches, now is a great time to visit my folks! I brought home 2 bushel yesterday, which I will be doing tomorrow (Now, I HOPE that makes you all homesick!) There is probably another 15 bushels that are yet to get ripe and mom and dad won't do more than 3 bushels max I am sure. Also, there are raspberries (1 to 1 1/2 gallons per picking) that dad would like someone to use (he doesn't want any more in his freezer)...so you would do him the favor of picking them...and it is a shame that they should just drop.
On a different subject, have any of you ever heard of the DVD, or seen the talk, "DNA Evidence for Book of Mormon Geography done by Rod Meldrum? Wow, I have been watching it (it is long, like 8 hours), and it is fascinating! I remember several years ago my dad came home from Education Week talking about that the people in Nephites time actually were not in the Guatemala and Central America region (like most Mormons think they were)where all the Mayan Cities built of stone are, but they were in the region from the Rocky Mountains to the East Coast, down to the Gulf of Mexico and up to and including the Great Lakes region. I remember saying how rediculous that was, and the guy didn't know what he was talking about. But, I am now 100% convinced that they were in the USA region for about 20 different reasons. This guy, Meldrum has done TONS of research finding scientific proof to back him up....and logic that in all of my countless readings of the Book of Mormon, I never stopped to realize. There is SO much evidence to back this up, that I don't think anyone who watches this DVD will ever question the location where the Nephites/Lamanites live again. I highly recommend it! If you are interested, you can check out this guy's website http://www.bookofmormonevidence.org/ [stuff about earthquake deleted as it really didn't apply]

And for those of you interested, according to Joseph Smith, Zarahemla was just across the river from Nauvoo, and the Lord had instructed him that they were to build a city there and call it Zarahemla. It is in the Doctrine and Covenants, you can look it up. Anyway, really fascinating stuff! If you get a chance, watch it (the DNA Evidence thing- I haven't seen the one on "Earthquake in the heartland yet)! Really interesting!


Comments

Chad said…
Call me a skeptic, but I don't see Joseph Smith implying that the Nephite Zarahemla was across the Mississippi river from Nauvoo. I see him getting a revelation to build a city named "Zarahemla".

Is there somewhere else that Joseph Smith talks about that (other than http://scriptures.lds.org/en/dc/125/3#3)
Marilyn said…
It makes better sense once you watch the DVD. I have it on loan from a neighbor, if you would like me to I will ask if you can watch it too. As I said, it is about 8 hours long...much too much to write about on our blog.
Katie Groneman said…
My Mom was just talking about this yesterday. She also recommended it - she knew I'd be interested in all the DNA stuff... I know, I'm weird. Well, now I've heard about it from both my moms - must be good.
Gramps said…
BTW, we watched the earthquake special. Dunno what connection anyone thinks this has to Christ in America. A big earthquake hit in 1200BC, then again in 300 AD, and a bunch of times since then. I don't see the connection.

Popular posts from this blog

A tale of two Brians

Common Answers: November Results