Dear Diary

When yer mom left, I went to the mountain and tried to finish up some jobs there. I finished the water system repairs and filled in the big hole in the ground (ugh!) I took out the window on Grandma's trailer and took it down, but being a holiday weekend, no glass places were open. I'll find one later...I put plywood up in the hole. I did take down the door to the shop and rebuild it with all new wood (Snow REALLY caused damage this past winter). Because I do 95% of the work at the mountain, Grandpa gave us title to their big trailer so it's ours after they die. Ryan came up with about 5 other couples & kids. He told me "Do you know how lucky we are to have this place? I'm going to start using it more!" They did a hamburger BBQ, rode ATVs, and did zip line. Erica could use it for young women (idea).

Erica & Chad came over this morning and played Wii. They were huffing and puffing by the time they left. I'm supposed to go meet Brett at 7pm tonight to help replace this bed. I had time on my hands today so I decided to make this fresh peach bread pudding. Mmmmm...it's good (I used lemon sauce instead of whisky sauce, substituted half the sugar for splenda, and used 5 peaches, 1 apple, and a handful of raisins). It rained 1-1/2" in Pleasant Grove last night. Today about 11am it was 47 degrees outside. I'm getting excited for fall! So...how did YOU spend your labor day holiday?

Comments

Erica said…
Fun idea! We'll definitely keep it in mind. Chad and I want to use it more too. We love it up there.

I think I might be a little sore today from playing WiiFit yesterday. That's pretty sad, don't you think?? :)

Popular posts from this blog

A tale of two Brians

Common Answers: November Results