So, in a big surprise to both Kim and I last Monday, Kim figured out that he has lost 25 lbs in the last 6 months, without trying to. One wouldn't think that you could drop that much weight without either of us knowing it. The only reason he discovered it was because of the Wii Fit that we have. the little skoogie thing that you stand on for some of the activities, has a scale built into it and it weighed Kim at 240 lbs. Kim thought, "That can't be right...the last time I got on our scales I weighed 265!" So he weighed himself on our scales, and he is at 238. Well, as nice as a surprize as that was, the red flag went up immediately for me. With his family history of cancer , I told him it was time to see a DR, so I called the Dr and Kim made an appt. They did bloodwork, which was fine, and today he went in for a colonoscopy. He did have one polup that the Dr removed, and he also has some Diverticulosis. The Dr sent the polup to the lab to be analized...but he sounded pretty positive that it was nothing serious...we will know in a week. He does have to go again in 3 years to have it done again. He is thrilled. Actually, the stuff he had to swallow this time was a whole lot better than the last go around. Just water and lots of pills. Much easier to swallow that the strong saline solution he had to force down the last time. Still makes your gut feel pretty nasty, but at least half the torture was gone! Anyway...hopefully, all is well and your dad is just losing some un needed weight. That still doesn't really make sense to me though, cause he isn't doing anything different than he was a year ago, and he wasn't losing weight then. Go FIGURE!!! I am just jealous I guess (of the weight loss, not the colonoscopy)!!!

Comments

Marilyn said…
aint the resemblance startling!! :)
:)
(I can only get away with this when he is too groggy to catch me! :)
Unknown said…
So dad, you realize that getting a colonoscopy was the direct result of buying the Wii?

Got more than you bargained for hu?
Gramps said…
I'll say. That will teach me to step on a scale again.

Popular posts from this blog

A tale of two Brians

Common Answers: November Results