Thoughts on JOHN McCAIN. I watched his speech last night. It was a really good "feel good" speech and though he didn't spend a lot of time on plans and issues, he did touch high level on some and did an excellent job. I've often not agreed with his positions (and neither have a lot of conservative Republicans as he votes a little more liberal than the average Republican). He spent some time saying people should be able to choose the school for their children...sounded a lot like the voucher program I'm so set against for various reasons that I won't get into. Too bad we don't hear specifics of all these plans he has. Anyway, it was a very patriotic speech, one that Obama couldn't have given. I thought it was brilliant how he didn't get into a "bash Obama" mode like Palin did. He said a lot of problems these days can be attributed to interparty bickering, which I totally agree with, and he vowed to end it. I liked his statement that he doesn't work for the party, or himself, but for the people. If that was my first introduction to John McCain, I would be totally impressed. However, it seems to be a case of what he says doesn't always match what he does. During the primary, with his ads and in the debates he was usually the one that most attacked the other people, sometimes viciously (like Mitt R). In the last few months, his campaign has thrown out many more bash Obama ads than the other way around. I dunno...I just have this feeling he says what he needs to say to win over the people then goes back to the same old stuff. It will be interesting to see he & Palin in debates with the other side the next couple of months, and see what kind of campaign he runs. I'm expecting to be disappointed, but who knows.

Comments

Chad said…
I disagree with him on many things, and I feel that Palin would be a better President than he will. I do think he's qualified to be commander-in-chief of the armed forces, since he's served there and has two sons serving.

I am in 100% agreement with him that higher taxes will drive companies out of the US, make it harder for people to afford things, and hurt the economy. I don't like Obama's plan of fixing the economy by raising taxes and building up government entities to distribute the 4% of what's left after they pay themselves.
Erica said…
McCain still hasn't 100% won me over, but he's a million times better than the other guys, and at least he's not going to do some radical thing like make socialized healthcare (which we would never get out of--and we'd pay 50% of our paycheck to support). I don't agree with him on everything by any means, but my respect for him has improved these past few days. I am still struggling to get over the way the primaries were handled. I'm convinced he used some dirty tactics to get Romney out of the race. But I could be wrong. Romney doesn't seem to have a problem with it, so maybe I should just move on.

I think McCain did a HUGE thing for himself by selecting Palin as his running mate.

Popular posts from this blog

A tale of two Brians

Common Answers: November Results