Well, the "Mothership" has landed back on the home planet and upon assessment of the environment there, has decided that it is favorable to live in. Brett and Katie were here, and just finishing up a nice dinner for us to eat (which was great because Kim had spent the day pulling out the flowering plum tree that had died, and then took it to drop it off and got some compost while he was there and dispersed it around the yard. So he was dead). So yes, my sweetheart telling me how much he missed me and kids making me dinner...I like this planet. I think I will settle here for awhile!
Cambrie is probably too busy to mention this in here, so I think I shall. This week we went to the library to get Kiera some more library books. She LOVES books, more than her toys. Well, there was one book about a little boy who bounced on the bed and his dad (just before bedtime) told him that he needed to stop bouncing on the bed or someday his bed was just going to break through the floor. He goes to sleep...but in his sleep he is still bouncing on the bed, and sure enough, he and the bed break through the floor and start falling on a grandma that is in the apartment underneath, and her floor breaks and so they keep falling through breaking the next floor in succession. Kiera didn't seem to be bugged by any of the destruction or how many people below were becoming victims...UNTIL Cambrie read about the whole mess falling on a daddy......at which point, she got BIG TEARS in her eyes, and just started wailing for daddy....obviously heartbroken that a daddy had gotten hurt! She was BROKENHEARTED!!! She HAD to go see Steve who was studying, to be sure he was really all right and so he could comfort her. THAT LITTLE GIRL LOVES HER DADDY LIKE NO OTHER CHILD I HAVE EVER SEEN!!! It was cute to see, in spite of the fact that it was VERY evident that she wouldn't care if a bed breaks through the ceiling on me! :) Funny little girl!
I miss my California family. I don't miss the traffic, pollution, heat, humidity, nasty water, nasty knats, etc....but other than that, the trip was great!! Seriously! I had SO MUCH FUN enjoying my family there, especially that darling little Lydia. I must say it is fun to watch that little 7 lb 9 ounce piece of humanity bossing her mother around! Not that you can blame Cambrie! How can one resist giving in to something so darling who is coaxing most convincingly, that she NEEDS to eat...even if she did eat 1 hour ago! Cambrie brought her home from the baby's Dr visit (9 days old) and was calling her a "chunky monkey". Newborns typically lose weight after they are born, and the hope is that they will regain their birth weight by 2 weeks old. Lydia, on day 9, was 7lbs, 9 oz already (she started out at 7 lbs). The Dr was surprised. Needless to say, there isn't any real concern about her starving anytime soon. ....but she still enjoys eating on demand! SHE IS SO DARLING< I AM GOING THROUGH WITHDRAWALS TODAY!! PAIN!!! It does comfort me to know that come Dec I will have a newborn in the valley, but I swear that little girl stole a chunk of my heart!

Comments

Stevo said…
We really are grateful for all the help you gave this past week. It's going to be a major challenge without you here taking care of my fam but we appreciate everything you have done for us.
Stevo said…
We'll do Red Robin for Buff's sake next time you're down in California
Erica said…
What an adorable story about Kiera and her daddy! So cute!!!!

I'm impressed she's gained so much weight, too. I hope that happens to our little girl too. She has gained quite a bit recently in the womb. We'll see if she can keep that up after she's born. :)

Popular posts from this blog

A tale of two Brians

Common Answers: November Results