What are the chances?

Erica is trying to set up a gmail account today. She sent me an email stating that "egroneman" was taken. I seem to remember reserving that for her before we were married. So, I got in, reset the password, did some other things, and sent her this reply:

I thought I had reserved that for you a while back. So I tried to get into it, but I had forgot the password.

I went into the "Forgot my password" thing and it asked me for my dog's name. I didn't remember ever selecting that as a question, but I put in "(our dog's name - edited this so some random person won't read this and do exactly what I did)". Done. Password reset.

I went into the account and saw a whole bunch of mail, and thought to myself, "Dang. This account is getting a ton of spam." But then I noticed it wasn't spam, and most items had already been read recently. I saw emails from Joey Groneman and Graham Groneman, and realized I had busted into the wrong account. I sent an email to Joey and Graham (from egroneman@gmail.com), telling them I'd reset the password, and gave them a new password which included "sorry" in it.

Comments

Christa said…
That's crazy! Who'da thought that Groneman was such a popular last name?
Marilyn said…
So does that mean you can hack into anyones email?
Gramps said…
Wow...imagine that. A dog with the same name as ours to another Groneman family. That is amazing.

Popular posts from this blog

A tale of two Brians

Common Answers: November Results