Our semi-sporadic in-case-you-care update:
1. Lyida has turned out to be quite the fuss-bucket lately. She doesn't like to do much of anything and cries quite a bit. Everyone seems to have advice on the subject, but nothing seems to work. Hopefully she will grown out of it soon.
2. Steve's school break is over as of today and Steve goes back to school tomorrow. No fun.
3. Kiera now knows all of her shapes, colors, and the letters one through nine (except 4). We are now working on letters. She refers to Lydia as "yidya" and is doing ok without her blankie (we confiscated it earlier this week). Kiera is afraid of snow, sand, bubbles (bubblebath), and new shoes.
4. Life has become quite busy for me trying to keep my toddler entertained while carrying around my crying infant. But this too shall pass. I set up my autumn decor today-- I love fall colors and I miss Utah this time of year!

Comments

Marilyn said…
Maybe Lydia just isn't rested. You told me that she struggles to breath the later part of the night, as the rest of you do (due to the really high pollution levels right now). You said that she sleeps better upright when she is congested than down. Could you just put her down after that first night time feeding in her car seat instead? If not, chalk off one more piece of advise that doesn't work!
Gramps said…
In case I care? IN CASE I CARE?!? Of course I care! Buy Lydia an ATV. If she likes it as much as I do she'll quit crying. There. That's my advice. Take it or leave it. Thanks for the update.
Christa said…
Ahhhhhh, motherhood. Are you excited, Erica?
Marilyn said…
It is too late for Erica, but if you want more cousins for your baby boy, you better hush...I think Brett and Katie read this blog!:)
Erica said…
Actually, I am getting very, very excited for our little one to come! :) Come to think of it, I think she is too, since she's so crammed in there (and it's only going to get worse before she's born!).

I'm thankful to have people who have been through it before to give us some tips.

Cambrie: we chuckled when we read about what Kiera is afraid of. What a cutie!

Popular posts from this blog

A tale of two Brians

Common Answers: November Results