for the love of daddy

Tradition on the Nelson household. When daddy has to go to school in the morning Kiera and I watch out the window as he puts on his bike helmet and backpack and then wave bye. Then when school is done steve calls me and lets me know he is coming home and all us Nelson females go sit on the edge of the sidewalk and wait for him to turn the corner onto our street at which point Kiera goes running down the street (unless I stop her due to a car) as fast as her toddler legs can carry her towards daddy and then daddy takes her for a ride on his bike while I go do the finishing touches to dinner and we eat. kiera and i have been playing out yhis entire scenario over and over with play dough characters. Kiera asks me about 5 times daily for "shoes......wait" (she wants to go outside and wait for daddy).

Lydia smiles now. she smiled 3 times at daady before mommy. my girls love daddy and i can't blame them.

Comments

Chad said…
That's fun.
Gramps said…
Why oh why will kids eat yucky things before some good things? I dunno. Some graduate student should do their thesis on it. Cute video. I want to play with Clay with Kiera. Cute traditions....cute mommy. Lydia smiles eh? Oh they grow fast. A smile today, a drivers license tomorrow.
Marilyn said…
Yeah, and then give them a coupla months more and they get married and leave the state! Enjoy them while you can!! Time is fleeting.

Popular posts from this blog

A tale of two Brians

Common Answers: November Results