I just thought that I should let all of you know that my mom is in the hospital right now. She was having some chest pain so she wanted dad to take her to the ER. Her blood pressure is really high, and they said if they don't get it fixed that she will likely have a stroke or heart attack in the next 4 days. And heart attacks and strokes don't always kill, often they just leave you maimed, which would put her into a care center at $ 4,000.00 per month. Thus the dilemma: To fix or not to fix, that is the question. Mom's request was to go to the hospital, but then when they wanted to admit her, then she was refusing to stay...she wanted to go home, so she was on her way out of the hospital, even while still hooked up to medical devices. If she goes home, 99% chance is that dad won't be able to get her to come back for any procedures. Right now, they are planning on doing a angiogram, but earlier they said that she would need to go into the cath lab so that they could go up into her heart and fix the problem, whatever it is. And IF she stays and does get her heart fixed, then that just leaves her living longer and getting worse with the Alzheimers. That's what happens when you fix everything. Anyway, I cannot make any decisions about this. I am but one voice, and even if I were going to make the decision...I am not sure what I would do. There are no easy answers. Anyway, I hope that the Lord will just guide this situation, and do what would be best for everyone involved.

Comments

Christa said…
Poor grandma. Keep us posted on what's going on, OK?
Erica said…
She was in good spirits when we saw her yesterday. I know that the family is doing their very best and that the right thing will happen for her. We're praying for her.

Popular posts from this blog

A tale of two Brians

Common Answers: November Results