This evening while Steve was home and Lydia was sleeping I took Kiera to the Library. Kiera normally loves climing up and down the stairs a thousand times, but today I introduced her to all the stuffed animals lining the tops of the shelves in the children's section. She immediatly grew very attached to a shark that had a mouth that I could move (puppet style). There is a shark on Finding Nemo so I guess she loved it. She hauled it around the library for 20 minutes very much in love with it until we got the phone call from daddy saying that Lydia was awake and to come home. So we took the shark back to it's home shelf. I had to rip it from her fingers as she said "no! shark [longingly] shark! no!" I picked her up and started carrying her away quickly (since she is yelling in the library) and in the saddest little broken-hearted voice she yelled "bu-bye shark!" It was the cutest/saddest thing ever and it got a few chuckles from quietly reading library patrons.

Comments

Gramps said…
Awwwwww. Poor little kid. Reminds me of the time at Thanksgiving point that we were ready to go so she gathered up the toy animals in her arms and started to walk out. I've got that picture up in our hallway.
Marilyn said…
Is seems apparent that she isn't quite catching the Nemo vision that sharks aren't really creatures you long to hang out with! Yes, I imagine that got some chuckles all right! Cute little Kiera!
Erica said…
Such a cutie!

Popular posts from this blog

A tale of two Brians

Common Answers: November Results