Genetics


This isn't really a big deal, but I'm kind of excited about it, so I'm sharing with the fam. The professor I work with at school contacted me about a teaching job at a charter school in Provo. It's just from now until Dec. but it pays $25 an hour! Well... I'll only be teaching 2 hours a week - but... that's $50 we didn't have before, I'm getting school credit for it for one of my secondary ed teaching courses, and it will be great experience to give me a head start on student teaching next semester. Only a few people in the world might get excited to teach 13-year olds about genetics, and you're related to one of them (even if only by marriage). (And I just learned how to put a picture with a blog - I'm learning so much!)

Comments

Gramps said…
That's actually pretty cool! Teaching genetics and getting paid. Like you say 50 bucks is 50 bucks. One of these days you should teach me genetics. All I know about genetics is that I got my mom's nose.
Gramps said…
Oh...and good job with the picture thingy.
Marilyn said…
COOL! Now, if they would make that full time....$$$$. Yes, I know that you don't have time for full time. I know about as much as Kim does about genetics, but if you tried to explain it to me it would likely be way over my head! I know just enough not to ask such things!
Christa said…
Good job, Katie! Will the kids call you Mrs. Groneman??? That's just weird. I know you explained your long term ambitions a long time ago, but I don't remember-- do you want to be a teacher?
Katie Groneman said…
Yeah I'm getting my secondary ed teaching certificate along with my master's in biology education. As you've probably experienced, Jr. High kids have a hard time with remembering Groneman - so they're calling me Mrs. G. Yep... it is a little weird.
Cambrienelson said…
Mrs groneman? That's my mom.....


Congrats! $50 is always nice to have. In a 2 days time you could make enough $ to pay for gas to drive to sunny southern California this winter and visit relatives : )

Popular posts from this blog

A tale of two Brians

Common Answers: November Results