Definition from Education Week!

I know that you are all ready to be astounded!!
Beelzebug: A mosquito that gets in your room at 3 am that you cannot cast out!
There were a bunch of those, unfortunately, I cannot do shorthand!

So, I was pretty much astounded at Education week today. I did 5 classes in a row at the Marriot Center. Keeping in mind that I go every year, (unless I am helping with a crisis) , There were only maybe 1/15 as many people in the MC today as usually packed in for the same speakers that used to pack them in: Susan Easton Black, David Christensen, Brad Wilcox... What is the cause of this? The economy? Fear of the Swine Flu? Knowing that you can get a lot of the classes online now for free? or people who didn't listen to a prophets voice to prepare for the times in which we now live? I don't know!!! I do know, I have NEVER seen Ed week classes SO Sparsely attended!
BTW, for those of you who would like to attend, but can't ...you can get them on the BYU website and put them on your MP3's to listen to while you do dishes and such. I highly recommend it!!
Keith went to mom's last night to stay overnight...things went better than they did the night before with Garth. They are giving her a new pill to help keep her sleeping at night instead of being frantic. It has improved the situation, but there are some bugs that still need to be worked out. Now you know!

Comments

Christa said…
Wish I could do Ed Week! Share any tidbits you think would do us good!
Gramps said…
The mosquito thing went so far over my head I can barely see it.
Cambrienelson said…
I'll bet people are just listening to it online. I would never go attend if I could just listen online. It saves time, gas, $ for food, $ for registration.
Marilyn said…
but you can only get 10% of the classes online...so there are perks to going!
Christa, just think, if you lived in Utah next year during ed week, your boys would be in school and I could take Ty, and you could go!

Popular posts from this blog

A tale of two Brians

Common Answers: November Results