Sandwich update:

An email I just got from Keith:
Dad called me last night and said, "I don't think you need to come over tonight..."

He called this morning and said everything went ok last night.

I went over and talked to him and he said he plans to:
-try to keep her awake during the day so she's more sleepy at night
-he's going to wear his hearing aid at night and keep his door open so he can hear her..
-he's going to get up twice per night to check on her..
-he's going to have her get back on her anxiety medications...

The program we discussed would cost him, with "after-tithing dollars" about $32,000 a year, and it couldn't be mom's money or he'd be guilty of doing what she accuses him of....spending her money without her permission...

Ann and I are both of a mind to regard what we've done to this point as service to our parents...

Garth, please forward this email to Sarah and thank her for willingness to help...

Marilyn again: HUMMM...I guess we will see how this goes. Dad has never been one to splash big money around. And if he can make this work...great. I know my mom would be MORTIFIED if she was thinking well enough to realize that we have been doing for her what she said she was NEVER going to do to her children (become a burden in her children in her old age). If dad gets up a couple of times a night to check on her and re- adds her anxiety RX, I think this will be a good solution.

Comments

Erica said…
I hope this new plan works.

Popular posts from this blog

A tale of two Brians

Common Answers: November Results