Ba-Ball!

Emmy has loved balls since she was old enough to form an opinion. She used to run around saying, "Ba! Ba!", or even "A Ba! A BA!" Now she knows about different types of balls, and she has a favorite. Basketball. Just in the past week or two, she has decided she loves basketball.

It seems to me that it started right around the first round of March Madness. We watched a game during the opening round, and Emmy loved it. She kept saying, "Ba-Ball! Ba-Ball!" And we'd say, "Yeah, that's right! That's a basketball."

It's become more obvious that she's a basketball fan. I was watching the news on Thursday or Friday last week. Emmy came to me and said, "Ba-Ball!", and looked at me intently. I changed the channel to a March Madness game that was on, and she was happy. That wasn't the first time, and she's done it a few times since then. Today she did the same thing, and I had to explain to her that we don't watch basketball on Sundays.

We take the paper on the weekends. On the front page of the sports section was a photo of a basketball player (but with no basketball in the picture). Emmy pointed to it and said, "Ba-Ball! Ba-Ball!"

Erica told me that Emmy prefers to run around and chase balls outside, rather than play on the playground (although she likes that too). I took her out today, and sure enough, she left the little playground we play at, and went into the basketball court next to the playground, and started saying, "Ba-Ball! Ba-Ball!" I lifted her up to see the hoop & net up close. She wasn't quite high enough to put her little pink ball in the hoop, but she still liked it.

We didn't teach her any of this. She probably just took particular notice of the basketball in the Elmo balls book she has, and then she saw the March Madness game. Love at first sight, I guess.

Comments

Marilyn said…
I HAS to come from the Kruger side of the family ! But that is cute...funny little lady!
Marilyn said…
Maybe the fact that she watched Benjamin sinking baskets for hours the day she was here has something to do with it too!
Stevo said…
Cute. Fun how they all have such personalities at such a young age
Christa said…
Awesome! She will be the perfect playmate for Ty! I've been worried that Emmy and Lydia would be off playing princesses and Ty would be lonely, but it looks like I won't have to worry about that anymore!

Popular posts from this blog

A tale of two Brians

Common Answers: November Results