Hours.....

In just a few more hours Steve will be home. We have missed him terribly around here. Both girls have woke up a few times crying for their daddy in the morning. Lydia keeps looking for him. the funny thing is that she goes to the bed to look for him : ) I guess that is were she normally finds him in the morning.

This morning when I went to pick up Lydia from her bed she frantically said "fwaffles! Boon!" (translations: waffles! spoon!). Apparently she was VERY hungry. She is becoming quite the little talker. Kiera at 18 months could say about 5 words, Lydia I'm sure can say at least 200. Today on the way to church I said "Lydia are you excited to go to nursery?" I didn't expect any sort of response other than "yes" out of her, but she said "Ali!" "Snack" "sing!" "toys!" (she has a friend named Ali in nursery) I never expectd to have a conversation with her about it! Everyone at church comments on how she is so small she looks like she should be barely able to walk or talk, but she is climbing everywhere and talks really well. She is quite the opposite of Kiera.

Since steve has been gone all of this week I havent been able to work at all or go running at all. I'm AMAZED at how much more under-control I feel and how much cleaner my home is! When you are not working 28 hours a week, and not exercising 4 hours a week you have so much more time on your hands! Who would have known?!

If you haven't all noticed, Kiera is in the mood to talk on the phone lately. She's always asking me if she can call people. So don't be surprised people if you start getting phone calls from a little lady. Oh, and normally when she talks on the phone with someone she'll say "Elmo wants to say Hi" and then she'll hold the phone up to her stuffed elmo for 10 seconds to give Elmo a turn. She isn't even a teenager and she is already a phone-hog!

Comments

Gramps said…
hehe....Kiera called me the other night and asked "Jamps, remember when I was a little girl?" She had me laughing. So fun to talk with my princess.
Marilyn said…
Yes, we have had several short conversations with Kiera, and I must say that it is true that Lydia talks way better than Elmo does! :)

Popular posts from this blog

A tale of two Brians

Common Answers: November Results