We knew it would happen

So, Kim had to take the plow blade off the ATV so that we could go ATV riding 3 weeks ago. He probably hasn't used it to push over 10 inches of snow combined for the whole season previous to the removal. Well, this morning we have 10 inches of new snow. Very heavy. And no plow available! It shouldn't stick around long though, so he isn't gonna bother.
It was crazy! Yesterday at noon it was 62 degrees in my yard, and 3 hours later it was snowing hard! And it is still snowing! Our walk this morning was GORGEOUS!! Because it rained first, then turned to snow it is sticking. It was weird to see stop signs with 8" of snow on top! We need the snow though. We only have 60% of normal snow-pack in the mtns here, while So Utah is bracing for flooding when the 280% of normal precipitation down there melts!

At RS last night they had Anita Stansfield speak. For those of you who don't know, she has authored 47 (mostly romantic) LDS Romantic Fiction books. I didn't have very high of expectations from her. I have read 2-3 of her books, 20 years ago, and they were good. Not that I have ever been really excited about them. She says she doesn't like to hear that she writes romanance. She writes "relationships", and solves the challenges in the books with good gospel principles. One thing she said that I thought was very inciteful: She used to pray for forgiveness of her sins and weaknesses...but she doesn't anymore. Sin comes of the devil...a knowing rebellion of God's principles which removes us further away from God. But the scriptures say, "Ether 12: 27
27 And if men come unto me I will show unto them their aweakness. I bgive unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my cgrace is sufficient for all men that dhumble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make eweak things become strong unto them.
Our weaknesses come from God to bring us closer to him through our humilitiy, and they are there to become a blessing to us, bringing us closer to God, not further away as sins do.
I thought that was a very good observation, especially since Satan likes to beat us up with our weaknesses in telling us that because of our various weakness, that we will never make it, so we might as well give up! We are weak so that we can be made strong.

Anyway, Katie and Erica: I talked to Anita afterwards and she said that she will be speaking again in our church for another ward next Thursday night. Her talk was VERY EXCELLENT. If you want to come, I would be happy to go with you and listen to her again!

Comments

Cambrienelson said…
snow? It's MARCH! Glad I'm not there.

Anita stayed with steve's parents for a week or so while we were living there so I got to spend quite a bit of time with her. She is a nice down-to-earth person.
Chad said…
I think everyone has sins and weaknesses, not just weaknesses - otherwise they probably wouldn't be here.

Popular posts from this blog

A tale of two Brians

Common Answers: November Results