Invasion of the Little People!

Hi Buff....I suppose you want to know what's been going on around here. Have you ever heard the phrase "Oh what a difference a day makes"? Let me tell you all about it. Friday night Marilyn and I went up to the mountain. We were feeling really lazy and didn't want to cook dinner so we went out to Red Robin and got their 5 buck hamburger deal....great burger and potato wedges. Up at the mountain, the birds were singing, the stream was running. Ahhh......quiet and peaceful. REALLY nice *except* for when I let your mother beat me twice in a row, by ONE CARD in Knock Rummy. The next morning we had a lazy morning, listening to the stream and birds as the sun started to filter through the pine and aspen trees. Well, then we decided to THOROUGHLY clean our trailer, which we did. We came home Saturday late morning. Remember that all this time Brigham and Christa were in Albuturkey getting him all graduated so Dastrup grandparents had the wee ones up in Sandy. In the afternoon Max dropped off the three boys. Let's just let it suffice to say it wasn't exactly a peaceful weekend after that. :-) Sunday morning Erica had to go visit her grandma so Chad & Emmy joined the fray for the rest of the day. Emmy and Ty have a healthy rivalry going over toys. The mantra that each of them seems to live by is "If you have it, I want it". For the first time, however, I did see them actually playing together for a few minutes outside
as they walked around the backyard looking at flowers and tearing apart my new lawn game (still dunno what it's called). The one I had to feel sorry for was Benjamin. Poor kid wanted someone to play with and I was just too busy tending littler kids (with Jacob DETERMINED to break into the stereo cabinet, flush the toilet, etc. ) that I really didn't have time to spend with Benjamin. I'll have to make that up to him. I won't mention how many dirty diapers I had to deal with. Brett & Katie spent a good deal of the day on Sunday with us as well so it felt like a party.  It was sad when Cambrie called and wanted to do a video conference and we had to turn her down as we were dealing with pure chaos at the time. :-(  What precious little kids we had! Though it was hair raising at times, I ended up laughing a LOT and enjoying the time. That's not to say I didn't breath a sigh of relief when Dastrups drove in from Albuqusomethingoranother & gathered their prized posessions, Erica returned for her prized posessions, and we all waved goodbye to the whole kit & kaboodle, and Marilyn & I just stood there for a moment looking into each other's eyes and just smiled. I understand now why God made it so old folks can't have babies. That said, we may never be rich in terms of worldly posessions, but we are the richest people in the world when it comes to family.

Comments

Marilyn said…
Pretty accurate description! Oh, and BTW, if anyone EVER has a constipated child, I would prescibe just1 Flax seed muffin...2 will leave you with a bit too much "sucess". Enough said!
Stevo said…
Sounds like you earned your grandparents merrit badge. Good job. Too bad there were not 2 additional princesses to join in on the fun.
Katie Groneman said…
I thought it was pretty fun - Benjamin was getting better and better at the ladder ball game. We'll have to have a rematch. And I rather enjoyed sitting at the bottom of the hill getting run over by Ty and Emmy. Good times.

Popular posts from this blog

A tale of two Brians

Common Answers: November Results