Overnight at the mountain

I spent last evening/night at the mountain.  Last fall, a big dead pine tree had fallen over the deck but was caught in the tree in front of our trailer.  Two weekends ago I pulled it down with the jeep but it was laying on the winterized deck and there was another dead pine tree ready to fall.  Last night I cut down the other tree, cut them up into managable lengths, stacked them by the side of the road, and was able to mostly put the deck back together again.   It got dark before I was able to finish cleaning up and putting out the picnic tables though.  I can do that on the next trip up.   It's really pretty up there...everything is green yet the weeds haven't grown up tall and ugly yet. A single wild turkey wandered through while I was there (I could tell he was single because he wasn't wearing a ring.)

Comments

Marilyn said…
very funny dear!
Good JOB! Now you can spend your time up there with your darlin' gkids!

Popular posts from this blog

A tale of two Brians

Common Answers: November Results