We bought the Tabernacle organ.

You see, the old tablernacle on temple square wasn't being used much any more so the church decided to sell the organ to try to make some money.  We bought it.  We installed it in our family room.  We've still got to put the pipes in and the keyboard, but it's mostly put back together.  Here's a picture (click on it) . All it needs are the pipes, don't you think? Actually Jacob was the impetus for our decision to purchase a new entertainment center.  I had him thwarted from the TV with the screen, and had him locked out of the glass doors with a screw...but the cute little determined man KNEW there was fun stuff behind those glass doors and he was going to break into it come hell or high water or the elimination of the glass doors.  We also didn't really like watching our HDTV through chicken wire.  We knew we needed something to protect the tv and the electronics yet could be livable when the little man wasn't around.  There were only two entertainment centers we could find online/in furniture stores that had doors to cover the TV.  I spent half of a day yesterday Jacob proofing this with locks.  I'm a little concerned about the leaded glass in the bottom cabinets, but it did come with wood panels to replace them with if needed.  We didn't have room to store yet another entertainment center so we pawned it off on Chad/Erica and we were tired of some of the clutter downstairs so we got rid of the bunk beds at Christa's house.   It's a start.   If anyone even tries to bring any of that stuff back I'll be waiting on the porch with my shotgun.   We also got rid of the junk collector shelves in our laundry room and I used the shelves you kids gave me there now to store our movies.  We're going to take Christa's idea and put a TV in the basement for Jacob and let him watch shows to his heart's content.   I think I have the entire script for the movie "Cars" memorized.   Let's put it this way, I don't think we'll be selecting that one to watch for an evening home alone for quite a while.

What else can I tell Buff has been happening?  Marilyn got another bee in her bonet to get rid of the flower bed next to the driveway/road and somehow coerced Brett/Katie into helping her.  It's now a small bump with sod on it.   That makes 2 out of 4 flower beds from the front gone. 

Do you realize that I haven't even started my ATVs yet?!?  Here it is the 4th of July and I haven't been camping (except cleaning trip to the mountin). I haven't been riding.   Where has the time gone?  I can't believe it.  We did make plans with our friends the Kirks to go riding near Scofield the weekend of the 30th but I have to get out of Dodge before that or I'm going to go bezonkers.  We were asked by 3 different people to go ATV riding this weekend but turned them down because of family plans.  Saundra went camping again, but Marilyn said "No more Reservation Ridge!".   A guy in the ward put together a ward ride up AF Canyon for the weekend, and the Kirks asked us to go up to their cabin.  What did I do yesterday?  work.  All day long.  Just way too much stuff to do that has kind of been neglected this spring.  Great start to the holiday weekend.  Today was church and that was just more fun than one person should be allowed to have.  This afternoon we're heading up to Dastrup's house for dinner which should be fun/relaxing.  Tomorrow Marilyn has plans for here....dinner....blow up water slide again, lots of fireworks.  I dunno all the plans but it should be fun too.  I swear, right here, right now, that next year, I am going camping/ATV riding for the 4th of July weekend and if nobody comes with me, that will be ok.  I'll throw my sleeping bag and some food on my ATV and go enjoy cool air and nature.  Pinky promise.

Speaking of cool air, it's now 1:25 in the afternoon on the 4th of July and my thermometer says it's 60 degrees outside my window right now.  Not exactly a typical 4th so as long as I *DID* have to stay in the valley for the 4th, at least the weather is cooperating.

Comments

Marilyn said…
If you can't tell...your dad is burnt out in in severe need of a get away. I suggested that he take some days off of work this week so we can get out of dodge, but he has big stuff going on at work too, so he can't do that. BUMMER that when you need the break the most, you can't take it!
I am glad you enjoyed church so much dear! I enjoyed it too!:) ;)
Cambrienelson said…
Looks like a pretty sweet piece of furniture.

poor dad needs to go camping.
Cambrienelson said…
Looks like a pretty sweet piece of furniture.

poor dad needs to go camping.

Popular posts from this blog

A tale of two Brians

Common Answers: November Results