I had my first road kill on my way home from Cedar City (doing counselor interviews) on Tuesday night. I hit a deer, going more than 80 miles an hour! I have pictures, but I think I'll spare you. Luckily no person was injured. I was driving with Lindsay Wilson, my co-worker, and all of a sudden it was there. We smacked into it and kept driving (I was driving a department van, thank goodness!). I really did feel divine protection--it could have been so much worse! I told Lindsay, "I just killed a deer!" And she said, "The deer sacrificed itself for us, because it would have either been the deer or us to go." Luckily we were able to drive home still, and got home only about 10 minutes later than we would have otherwise.

Comments

Chad said…
I am so glad Erica's okay. I saw the car. They were protected.
Marilyn said…
So, you ought to put a picture of the van on here. We are very grateful no one was injured. I have known of people who were killed because they swerved to try and miss hitting a deer...the car rolled and he was killed.
Cambrienelson said…
wow- that's really scary. We need you to stick around and marry into the family so be careful k?
Christa said…
Isn't there a rule against bad puns on the family blog? We're glad you are okay! Less than a month to go!
Erica said…
Thanks guys. :) I'll post a picture of the van when I get home. You'll be able to see that we were really lucky (ie blessed), and it could have been a whole lot worse.

Yes, 29 days to go (not that we're counting or anything!). :)
Gramps said…
Wait a minute...you were going more than 80 MPH?!? Oh Mr. Police man!!!!!!
Erica said…
Very funny. :) I'm still not sure where you get all your great graphics!!

Popular posts from this blog

A tale of two Brians

Common Answers: November Results