HAPPY THANKSGIVING FAMILY!!! Well, Devin and Crystal are officially married today, the tempurature has finally gotten into the season (70 on Monday, 20 today) and even though we have no snow, the temps at least make it feel like the holidays are here. We were going to have a pretty small Thanksgiving "crowd". 3 of us to be precise. But I was talking to Ann today, and found out that they only have their 2 youngest for their feast tomorrow, and then at the luncheon today, we found out that Kathy is only going to have their 3 youngest, so we decided to bring our feast and converge upon my parents and eat together. So there will be 15 instead of 3! So we ARE going over the river and thru the woods (only the river is called Forest Creek, and the woods, would have to be those trees we pass between by the creek...but hey, we ARE going to Grandmothers house, so we qualify, right?
We thought that if we take it there, we will be assured of her being there. She hasn't been to our house in probably 6 weeks. Not because we haven't asked them repeatly to come, but she usually refuses. I guess yesterday she actually went and got her hair done so that she could come to Devins wedding this morning, but then my dad couldn't get her out of bed. And then when she did get up, he said she was nearly too weak to even walk. Her ankles are really swollen, and she has pretty severe chest pain frequently. The ER docs thinks that it is heartburn, but it is so painful, she thinks she is having a heart attack every time it hits. Her mom had angina at the end, which is VERY painful. Anyway, I kinda think there is a good chance this will be her last Thanksgiving, so I am grateful to be able to spend it with her. It just feels right. Anyway, I am lots happier about the holiday now.
I should have reminded you all. Her Birthday was Nov 12. I don't know if any of you called her, but if not, I am sure they would enjoy hearing from you briefly tomorrow or during the holidays. Personal visits are great for those close enough. They sure love you all! Just don't call until about noon, or after. She doesn't get her "motor started" until then!
I will miss you all! But we hope your holiday is good...wherever you are! Give yourself and your families a hug from me!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A tale of two Brians

Common Answers: November Results