HEY FAMILY!! I have something to blog about!
I wish all of my daughters could have been here today for Erica's Bridal shower! It was fun! I got to meet her family...and friends. It really is so weird...her parents live so close, we could totally just go their house on our walks every morning. When I get on the street that goes past the High School, I take the 2nd street that turns left, and they are about maybe 10 houses down from that turn. It is a very nice home. I was surprized to see a Grand piano and Harp in what is my equivalent Living Room/must be their music room. Reminded me of Brighams family's Living room...it also has become their music room for all of the talented people in that family. Turns out Erica's mom plays the harp. Erica plays the piano! (Can I just say, that I am very happy that my kids thus far have married people who can play the piano, since I was so LOUSY at getting my kids to?) :) :)
Anyway, Erica has a great family. They made me feel very comfortable in their lovely home. They did an activity where Erica had to answer questions that they had asked Chad in advance. She did REALLY well! She knew more about him than I did! And she got some great gifts. Because they already have nearly anything that you could use in a house, they asked for (whatever) , but I had heard that they wanted camping equipment and food storage. They got a nice tent, a tarp to go under it, a blow up mattress and a mini compressor to blow it up, a camp water jug, a cooler, 2 5 gallon water storage containers, 2 fold up camp chairs, nice silverware set, a great blanket, and lots of other great stuff. It was fun to watch Erica change colors and quickly put away without wanting to show a lovely :) set of sleepwear :) :) :) I can't imagine why! Anyway. You shoulda been there. It was fun!

Comments

Cambrienelson said…
Fun stuff. Camping is fun. You guys will have to come camping with us some time!
Erica said…
It was great to have you there, and also to have the other aunts there as well--some of them I met today! Thank you for being so kind and generous.

We need to do a dinner sometime with my parents--before the week of the wedding. We'll figure something out. My dad was saying he wished he would have been able to talk to you more.
Marilyn said…
Yeah, I totally agree, Erica. I was wishing for more one on one time with your mom to get to know her better. But when the event is at your house, and there are 20 people there who already know you and want to talk, well, I couldn't hog her! She had a group gathered around her when I left, so I thought, I will get her # and go to lunch with her. Soon.

Popular posts from this blog

A tale of two Brians

Common Answers: November Results