Groneman name

Sometimes it helps to have friends from all around the world. When I do genealogy searches I search on "Groneman" or, knowing my ancestors changed it when they came from Denmark, search on "Gronemann". I know the origin is from Germany but I have no genealogy that goes back that far. I was talking to one of my German friends today who said that Groneman sounds very German but all he knows is people in Germany named "Grohnemann" Cool...I never knew the name likely had an H in it once upon a time. A new piece of the puzzle to work with and a new spelling to search on. Too bad Christensen is such a common name...that side of me is a lot harder to do any research on.

Oh..and I just have to put this recipe on the blog because he said that if I like Sauerbraten with Spaetzel, I would LOVE this recipe and this recipe.

Comments

Chad said…
That's some good information. I want to get back into researching to find out more about our family history.
Cambrienelson said…
The trouble with danish family history is that you can't follow last names because every generation had a new last name! Also, there are like only 30 names total so trying to tell the difference between people is very difficult. What a pain!
Erica said…
We are working on getting back into family history work. It's been a little hard for me, but it's been a fun Sunday activity the past few weeks. So this info is great!!

Popular posts from this blog

A tale of two Brians

Common Answers: November Results