Yesterday wasn't the greatest of days for the Dastrups, but it wasn't the worst either. First of all, just as I was arriving home from an OB appointment, smoke/steam started billowing out from under the hood of our van (aka the Time Bomb, for obvious reasons). I'm no mechanic, but after to talking to one on the phone, it sounds like it's probably a radiator problem. We've got our fingers crossed because we have set a limit as to what we think is wise to put into that old monster to repair it. We'll probably know later on today whether the Time Bomb will continue to tick or not.

I'm currently counting down the minutes until I can take Benjamin to preschool so I can get a nap because I was in the hospital until 2:30 am with contractions coming every 2 1/2 minutes. They gave me a shot of terbutaline (sp?), which calmed them for a bit, but then they came back again. They let me go, though, because the fetal fibronectin test came back negative. That means that despite the contractions, there is almost no chance that I will be having this baby in the next 7-10 days. That's a relief! I'm still having contractions this morning, but so far they are not regular. I don't have to worry about them unless they are.

(This was in my email, so it was probably in everyone else's too...but if someone didn't get it, I thought I should put it on here, since everyone is waiting for news...) Sounds like we should pray for the car too!!

Comments

Gramps said…
It's actually posted down the blog....but I am sure thinking of Christa.
Gramps said…
BTW, the reason Christa's comments haven't appeared until now is because she hit the SAVE button instead of the PUBLISH NOW button.
Unknown said…
Katie and I are also thinking of limits to give to our Honda in spending. It's hard to know when you're dumping money into a useless cause. For now, it's running mostly good though.

And very glad to hear that you're not having your kiddo any time soon. Keep that up for a while eh?

Popular posts from this blog

A tale of two Brians

Common Answers: November Results