Nelson update....another week over.



I hate to bump down the previous blog, but here is the weekly Nelson update (nothing huge to report).

1. Buff and I took Kiera to a BYU ballroom dance concert 2 weeks ago. Kiera LOVED IT. She was totally overwhelmed and of course was convinced that all of the females were princesses. After the concert one of the girls came and said hi to Kiera. She just stared back. It was a fun concert and I'd pay $13 a ticket again in a heartbeat.

2. Lydia has become a little vain in her 1-year-old life. She LOVES to play dress ups and when she finds a dress in a pile of laundry she'll try to put it on (put it on top of her head or try to get it to stick to her chest). Then when she gets something pretty on she'll twirl around and dance in front of the mirror. Who knew a 1 year old could be so into clothes/dressups?

3. On thursday afternoon steve got home a 3:30pm and he said "why don't we go to disneyland?" so we did. Have I mentioned that I love this semester of steve's schooling?

4. I started a "new year" for the babysitting co-op that started in my area. This starts our 3rd year running it and it is a FABULOUS thing to have. Everyone who takes part in it always says to me "how did we ever manage without the babysitting co-op?" I hope that the next place that we move that there will people willing to participate in another one.

5. I brought the girls home from church today after sacrament meeting. Stomach flu is spreading like wildfire in our nursery right now. Call me inactive, but I don't want it!

Lastly, we are doing a WHITE ELEPHANT party for Christmas right?

Comments

Erica said…
How fun to just decide at 3:30 in the afternoon to go to Disneyland, and then to go right then and there!

What is involved in your babysitting co-op? I think my mom was involved in that when I was little.
Cambrienelson said…
Babysitting co-op overview (Since you asked): Basically we exchange "co op tickets" instead of money for babysitting. 1 ticket per hour per child. We also have a monthly co-op calendar (via google calendar) and every family signs up for 2 3-hour chunks a month that they are available to babysit kidlets. That way, instead of having to call 8 people to find a babysitter on a particular day, you just call whoever is on the calendar. The kids LOVE it (party with their friends!) and moms love it too. I can use the co-op just so I can have 3 solid hours to deep clean, prepare a lesson, take a nap, etc.. It is a great/useful/easy/fair exchange of childcare.
Gramps said…
Whazzat she has on her head? Looks like a pair of Kiera's big girl pants.
Gramps said…
Oh yea....DEFINITELY white elephant for Christmas! It wouldn't be Christmas without it.
Marilyn said…
Find your winner gifts! I already have mine!
Cambrienelson said…
Yes, Lydia is wearing a BEAUTIFUL hat (Kiera's pull-ups)
Marilyn said…
Fun pictures that she will hate at her wedding luncheon!
Christa said…
Such a cute girl! I love it!

Popular posts from this blog

A tale of two Brians

Common Answers: November Results