Sunday at the Groneman's

Our ward currently has five families with confirmed Swine Flu. Because of this, we're not taking Emmy to Church today, or at least until there are zero cases. Maybe longer, but we'll see. We've heard that Pediatricians all over Utah are recommending that any kid under 2 not attend church for the entire duration of the flu season this year.

We've also heard that with Swine Flu, infected people are contagious a full day before they exhibit any symptoms. That's why we're going to be extra careful.

So, for the next little while, Erica and I will take turns at Church. We'll need to be careful in public in general.

Let's hope that nobody in our extended family catches the swine flu, under two or not.

Comments

Gramps said…
It's SO hard not to get sick when there are bugs floating around so many people. Good luck. I didn't get to see little Emmy this past week....get my "Emmy fix" because yer mom was sick. :'-(
Marilyn said…
Yes, I was disappoint to have lost that chance to see our little Emmy. You get addicted to these little people you see!
This bug hasn't been that bad, really, but often what is minor in an adult can hit a little one with much more force, so we don't take chances. I am making improvements, but I missed church today because I am not better. And I HATE missing church! :(
Cambrienelson said…
I'm actually really glad that we've already had it so that I don't have to worry about getting it! It is going through our ward too (along with stomach flu). I don't blame you for not wanting her to get it!
Marilyn said…
So, without the whole cruise being ruined, other than that, was it worse than other flu bugs you have had?

Popular posts from this blog

A tale of two Brians

Common Answers: November Results