Our morning

I can finally post now that Emmy is fed, has a clean bum, and is sleeping in her bed. And that I have had lunch.

Okay, here's the micro scoop of how it went down this morning (since my arms are so tired it hurts to type, this will have to be the bite-size version). Chad mentioned pretty much all the big stuff, but I had no idea it would be that crazy. I kind of thought not many would be there since we had just found out about it this morning and we've even been checking and looking around for places that have it. I knew there were a lot of people there when we couldn't find a parking place and had to park on the other side of University Ave and walk. Not a big deal. I saw the line out the door and thought, "Aw man, we'll have to wait outside for a bit." Then someone told us the end of the line was in the parking garage. It wasn't just in the parking garage. After winding in and out of the lines trying to find the END of the line, we finally got in the line. A really nice family was behind us and it was nice to chat with them. The mom thought she'd have her kids back to school in American Fork by 10 (yeah, right).

Overall, it went pretty smoothly except that I was hefting a 20 lb baby around who desperately wanted to crawl (I let her for 5 mins--mistake. Yuck!), was tired (she took a 30 min nap in my arms--finally--but woke up when I switched her sides to give my arm a break), thirsty (she finished off her sippy cup after I had been rationing it), and hungry (Cheerios can only do so much). She was a real trooper and a half. Bless her heart!

When I saw empty strollers going along in the line (kids were walking or whatever), I just wanted to say, "Can I borrow that for 30 mins?" Thankfully, the 12 year old daughter of the family behind me held Emmy while I filled out the paperwork, and a little longer to give my arms a rest.

One cool thing is that there was a guy passing out numbers to people in line. When he got to us I asked him something (can't remember what) and he said, "I don't even work here, but I'm tired of people cutting up to the front of the line." He had been in the line and noticed this happening. So somehow he had gotten his hand on numbered tickets and was going around making order for people (he had talked to the person in charge and they said it was great). So nice! I hope I can be a Good Samaritan like that too if the need ever arises. I had noticed myself becoming the Line Police and keeping an eye on people to make sure they weren't butting in line or making sure the line kept moving. I never actually said anything, but I thought it. :) Crazy things happen when you're in line for 4 1/2 hours!

But the good thing is that now we can take Emmy to church! Yay! :) And hopefully I'll be that much safer being around my adorable little nieces!

So maybe that wasn't quite the micro version I thought it would be. But I gotta say, Phew, glad that's over. Now my arms need a massage...and my shoulders too...

Comments

Marilyn said…
You can have a double scoop of my sympathy!!
Gramps said…
You are a trooper. I would hate waiting in line for 5 hours just carrying my own fat carcus around let alone carrying Emmy! (Ok...it's Emmy so on one hand it would be wonderful but......) I'm glad you folks got the vaccine but it makes me tired just reading about it.
Gramps said…
...and you should have called Marilyn (and/or me since I was off work) to come help!
Cambrienelson said…
What a pain! I've got an appointment at our health department next week, but I've heard it is crazy nevertheless. Good thing I only want regular flu shots!
Marilyn said…
Hopefully the booster won't be as crazy since it is only the little ones that need it! But you CAN call me for help in such circumstances!
Erica said…
I didn't even think to call anyone. I guess I didn't know I'd be there for 4 1/2 hours. But next time I'll remember! :) Thanks!
Christa said…
Wow. What a nightmare. I feel for you. We can't get flu shots of any kind here in NM because they ran out. Brigham got both, fortunately, but the earliest I could get an appointment for the boys (for just the regular flu shot) is Dec. 9th.

Popular posts from this blog

A tale of two Brians

Common Answers: November Results