Today was a lot of fun in Albuquerque! As you can see from the pictures that CK posted, we did the Balloon Fiesta! What a unique and fun experience! It was pretty amazing!

We got up at 5 am so we could get through the traffic and arrive before the best parts were over. We weren't THERE for the "glow" period. That happens as they are firing up their balloons in the dark. But we did see the balloons that were already up there in the dark glowing when they turned the flame on and off to keep them rising. It was pretty cool, cause there they were in a black sky all lit up! But to be there as they are blowing up their balloons by the hundreds all around you, and have them be 360 around you...well you really just have to experience it for yourself. But it was cool!

We made cinnamon rolls yesterday to take today, Christa pulled out her winter box and got stuff out for the 45 degrees that it started at this morning for the boys...we collapsed the jogging stroller (which CK had not ever done before so it took the owners Manuel to figure it out) and got EVERYTHING in the car the night before, so all we had to do was go (the kids wore their jammies-but not the ones that really LOOK like jammies. So, we had a pretty quick exit out of the house this AM...not even time enough for Gma to put on her makeup! :( But I am glad we did it that way so we didn't miss anything!

We also went to the movie "G force". I didn't really have high expectations, but I really liked it. It was a fun movie! Christa made us a nummy Salmon Pasta dish for dinner. And we played "set", and Brigham whomped on us (no big surprise there!) and then we had a good gabbinig time after that! Wish you all could have been here!

Comments

Katie Groneman said…
Sounds fantastic to me! Now I feel like making cinnamon rolls ... never done it, but I'm not afraid.
Gramps said…
Katie, if you need someone to practice on.......
My wife up at 5AM to go do something?!? Try as I may, that has NEVER happened to me! I have never been able to get you up at 5am to go anywhere!
Marilyn said…
I remember being up at 5 am several times to go to Canyonlands in years past: It's ok honey...it comes with age! :)
Breanna said…
Sounds like fun! But you liked G-Force huh.... I went and saw it... and thought it was the most wasted 2 hours of my life! I did not like it at all! I'm sure a 5 or 6 year old probably likes it, but i'm sure it was more geared towards them. I will never waste my time with that movie again!

Popular posts from this blog

A tale of two Brians

Common Answers: November Results