Scandal in the Groneman Garage


It was a sad day for us really.  Jeep decided to divorce Prius.  It was probably a good thing really because it wasn't 15 minutes after the divorce was final that Prius ran off with another man. I wonder how Jeep felt about that.  Anyway, it didn't take Jeep long to get back into the game.  As you can see from the picture he decided to shack up with a much younger girl named Yaris.  Though she isn't as heavy & has a slightly trimmer rear end than Prius and......how do I put this delicately.....she's much more "round" in the front than Prius, she just seems more shallow to me.  I guess that's the way it usually is when an older guy ditches his gal for a younger model "trophy wife".  Yaris doesn't seem to have as much get-up-and-go as Prius did but I have to admit she's a looker!  I snuck this picture this morning as they were sleeping together in the garage before she had a chance to put on any makeup.  Oh the scandal!  Why a Yaris?  Our Toyota Prius was probably one of the best cars we've ever owned so we like Toyota.  Toyota has a good reputation and they didn't get a honkin' bail out from our Gov't. (I'll never buy another GM vehicle!) I have a tie to the people of Japan so I'd rather support them than Korea, etc.  We don't need a fancy car (we just ain't fancy people) and the Yaris has the best gas mileage of any car in it's class (el-cheapo car class).  We didn't buy another Prius because my calculations say it would take a LONG TIME to every make up for the extra price of the car in gas savings (if ever because of maintenance costs).  Our 2003 worked out great for us because we got a steal on it as it had 8000 miles when we bought it on top of the dealer making a mistake in the price they quoted us.  It was nice while it lasted.  As Marilyn said, the reason we decided to sell now is because the Prius was no longer under warranty and to get repairs on that thing cost and arm and a leg and if the batteries needed to be replaced, it would have been a few thousand dollars.  We used her for the best years of her life then got rid of her before she became high maintenance.  I finally learned the best way to buy a new car.  I did my homework on the internet, knew exactly what I wanted and how much it *should* cost, then went into all the Wasatch Front dealers and told them what I wanted and that I wanted thier lowest bid on the closest thing they had on their lot because I *was* going to all the dealers.  It sure frustrated some of the dealers because we woudn't buy the car right then....no matter how much they tried to talk us into it.  Anyway, it just so happened that the only dealer that had the car with the exact configuration in our first choice of color was also the one that gave us the lowest bid.  We got it at Mark Miller Toyota in SLC.   I found you can save some money when you're not in a hurry to buy the car and do your homework.

Comments

Cambrienelson said…
Yes, car salesmen are PUSHY. I've frustrated some in my day too.
Unknown said…
I hope I don't have to deal with car salesmen for a long time.

Popular posts from this blog

A tale of two Brians

Common Answers: November Results