Restauraunt Review: The Smoking Apple

Erica and I wanted to try a place we'd never gone to yesterday, so we went to The Smoking Apple. Now, smoking typically has a bad connotation to it: If I saw a place called "The Smoking Barn" or "The Smoking Computer", we probably wouldn't have gone in. But, in the world of BBQ, smoke is a good thing. And this was a BBQ place.

Entrees come with a choice of three sides, or fries (where fries replace all three sides). Optionally, you can upgrade the fries to Sweet Potato fries. I ordered a Cheese Steak sandwich, with cornbread, mashed taters, and potato salad. Erica ordered a two-meat platter with pork and beef, and opted to replace her sides with the sweet potato fries.

The cheese-steak was really good. It wasn't what I expected in a cheese-steak, but not in a bad way. It was just a different flavor, and I had to use a fork to eat it. The cornbread was especially good - they had put some kind of honey mixture in it already. The mashed taters were typical of what you'd find anywhere (good), and the potato salad was also fairly typical.

Erica's meat was good. It's not anything special compared to other BBQ places, but it was good. Erica's sweet potato fries were exceptional. They were coated with some kind of seasoning and they were SO good.

We walked out about $21 poorer than what we were going in, but I felt it was a good value.

Comments

Gramps said…
Thanks for the review. I've heard a couple of other good reports about the place so I think Marilyn and I just may have to try it sometime in the near future.

Popular posts from this blog

A tale of two Brians

Common Answers: November Results