A week of culinary delights.

There's nowhere to go from here but down. This has been a week of culinary rapture. First a few days back, Brigham/Christa invited us for Alice Springs Chicken.  I thought I had died and gone to heaven.  Next Erica/Chad invited us for Green Chile Chicken Encheladas.  I *love* those!  Then last night Katie/Brett and dog invited us over for Chicken Tikka Masala.  It was SO good it MUST be illegal.   I can't remember a time where I've had so many exceptional meals right in a row....and I've never considered myself a fan of chicken! I've decided chicken is just a tasteless filler/carrier used to supply us with other flavors of the things we put on it. Lucky for me, all of this is now on Brett's family recipe site! 

When I was a kid (walking uphill to and from school in bare feet in the snow jumping from fencepost to fencepost....) We had a couple of small grocery stores in Orem.  They had a meat dept, a bread dept, a vegetable dept.,  a dairy dept, and a canned goods aisle. The whole store could fit into 1/4 of today's large grocery stores.  The most exciting thing was when the Relief Society would hold a pot luck dinner and I got to try someone else's casserole.   Wow have times, and foods, changed.

On a side note, we watch the movie THE SOLOIST with B,K,dog and I wouldn't recommend it. 3/10 is all I could give it.

Comments

Unknown said…
Glad you liked the food. I quite enjoyed it myself.
Katie Groneman said…
I also enjoyed it again for lunch at school today... Thanks Bert!

Popular posts from this blog

A tale of two Brians

Common Answers: November Results