I made it back from Atlanta this week. I'm glad to be home. I thought I would share some words of wisdom I have on business trips:

1. If you have to eat alone, get a salad along with your dinner. That way you can occupy yourself while waiting for the main course to come

2. Try to see the sights. If you can't, but have spare time, go to the local stores and see what you can find. I never have time to go clothes shopping in Utah, but I went to Old Navy in Georgia and found a couple of nice shirts for five bucks each.

3. Use an airline that has plenty of flights to and from your destinations, in case you get the opportunity to take off early.

4. If you rent a car, get NeverLost. That is the coolest thing since rasberry jam on toast! As you dirve down the road, it not only knows where you are, but it knows on what part of the road you need to be on. If the road has exit only lanes, etc. it will tell you that you need to be to the left, etc. It turns out that it's more reliable than the street signs.

On Wednesday, we were supposed to go to a Braves game. There were about five cars going down, some local people, and other people like me, with rental cars. We left around 4:30 for the 7:00 game. I was driving with a couple other non-local people in my car, and the NeverLost told me I needed to take exit 248. But the road signs said I needed to take exit 246. We had a quick vote, and decided the NeverLost was probably wrong. So we followed the road signs. But as soon as we got off the freeway, they disappeared. We found ourselves in downtown Atlanta. We drove around for a bit looking for signs or for the field, but quickly found ourselves in an area that.. well... it's not in the travel brochures. The guys in my car made sure the doors were locked, and were looking out for anyone who was approaching us. I went back to NeverLost, and it guided me through the ghettos, to the baseball field. We got there to find that the only group that had made it so far was another car with NeverLost. The others made it in slowly, the last arriving just as the game was starting. Every one of them had taken the same exit we did, but didn't have NeverLost.

By the way, my new address is 675 N 500 W #204

Comments

Cambrienelson said…
Welcome back to the west coast. I'm glad I'll never have to go on a buisness trip. The NeverLost sounds like my Garmin GPS system which is a life-saver out here in SoCal.
Christa said…
The only business trips I get to go on are to the grocery store. As for NeverLost, well... we feel lucky if our car is functional.

Did you have a good time? Brigham will be proud of you for going to the game!
Christa said…
Brigham:
Yeah, I want to get get NeverBroke for my car before investing in NeverLost

I liked the salad tip, thanks
Unknown said…
Sounds like I need to go on a business trip.

Did you have any pork barbecue?
Chad said…
No pork bbq.. I did take the opportunity to do steak taste tests though. I only did two actually. TGI Friday's steak is much tastier than Ruby Tuesday. And less expensive.

Popular posts from this blog

A tale of two Brians

Common Answers: November Results