Lest anyone think that we found a money tree to buy property with, let me assure you it didn't happen. We are going to borrow the money from Grandpa G, and then pay it back with the interest he is currently getting from it in the bank. But, we feel it is the right decision. And in fact if Keith weren't buying the lot just north of ours and West of mom's and dads, I would be tempted to buy that one too....because unless there is a catastrope of some sort, we could sell it in about 4 years and with that money, we could either pay ours off or build a cabin, which would be sweet! But, Keith has it, and I am not certain I could possibly get myself to go that far out on a limb...remember, I like security afterall. A fire or a bad economy could make it more of a liability than a blessing. But I do feel good about buying #120...if nothing else to have a place of our own to have our family gatherings with in the future. Theoretically, someone MIGHT possibly stay in the area! Looks dubious, but we can always hope!

Our Family reunion up at the mountain was fun with lots of good food! There were about 31 people that showed up. Even Ann and Guy and Alissa and her fam and Andrea and Terrance! AND...EVEN BRETT! (that was the first time he says he has been up there in 5 years). We had to give him a map and the use of the Prius (because his is still in the shop!!!) to find it. But he was there! Chad was there too, which was great, but Chad has been up there a coupla times already this summer...but it was fun to see Chad and Brett having some bonding time. I really enjoyed it. Even if it was really cool temps up there. And Hey,my dad stopped mom's anxiety pills (because she hid them), and it appears that they were making her anxiety worse, not better...she isn't nearly as bad as she was, and she has become somewhat conversant again, which is nice...even if she was contradicting everything everyone said! She was funny!

Chad and Kim took the 4 wheelers around the mtn, and today Kim and Brett did. It is certainly better 4 wheeling at reservation ridge, but it was still nice to have them up there. There is just nothing like seeing the scenery without the roof and limited vision you have in a jeep.
The fall colors are beginning to be very beautiful...but we are going to miss the best time up there as we are leaving on our cruise next Sat and will still be gone the Sat afterwards. Believe it or not, Kim would RATHER be at the mtn, rather than cruising...no question. I don't concur. Both are nice, but the mtn is a whole lot more common in my life at least.

Alright. This has been a long epistle! I am calling all slackers to repentance and get something on the blog! It has been pretty sleepy lately with not much participation.

Cambrie, I sent the Calulator, insured and requiring your signiture because I remembered that you were having a problem with your mail security at your apts AFTER I got to the post office and stood in line. Hope that doesn't create problems You should have recieved that today maybe, if not monday. Let me know when ya get it.

LOVE to you ALL!

Comments

Christa said…
I can't say that I feel too bad for you partially missing the fall colors when you will be in a tropical paradise! I won't lend you my shoulder to cry on over that one!
Cambrienelson said…
holy essay!! mom, this is suppose to be a BLOG not an essay!!!
Unknown said…
Buying mountain property, talking about a cabbin, going on cruises. One day I'll be rich and famous like you.

Mom n' Dad's new spot of land looks good y'all. Especially with the vision of the cabbin that I'm going to inherit. :)
Gramps said…
You can't become rich and famous unless you finish those vegetables. Every bite.

Popular posts from this blog

A tale of two Brians

Common Answers: November Results