So yesterday morning while most of you were probably still snoring and drooling on your pillows, Brigham and I went out with our little running group and ran TWENTY MILES! Yes, we did it! It took us 3 hours and 20 minutes, but we did it. The last couple of miles were pretty painful, I must confess, but for the first time I can actually imagine myself running a marathon. Do ya'll know just how far twenty miles is? The next time you're driving a decent distance, restart your little trip odometer and notice how far it truly is. Then you'll know how amazing (or completely insane) we are!

Comments

Chad said…
Wow. Twenty miles is an awful lot. About 3 hours and 20 minutes worth of running, if I reckon right. If you strap a DVD player to the person in front of you, you could watch the EXTENDED version of L.O.T.R. in that time.

I think you just might be able to do it.. But don't kill yourself trying.
Gramps said…
Christa, Brigham: There is a new invention out there and available. It's called an AUTOMOBILE. You should try one sometime. It is made to take you 20 miles when you need to go...and you did need to go didn't you? Don't tell me you did that but had nothing at the end of those 20 miles you had to do!?!
Cambrienelson said…
The first guy who ever ran a marathon died. Why does everyone want to copy him?

You have my respect at your abilities. Yes, steve has shown me how far a marathon is while we were driving. It's a LONG way. R-E-S-P-E-C-T
Marilyn said…
I can't help but keep holding my breath for you and saying my prayers to keep you safe and healthy (no injuries) when you tell me that stuff. I will be glad when it is over! Too risky for the likes of me!!
Unknown said…
Ouch. Very ouch.

Popular posts from this blog

A tale of two Brians

Common Answers: November Results