Wow! it was great to come home to all of the fun stuff on the family blog! Especially since I was feeling family starved anyway. We missed hearing from Breanna on the blog, but she had been there and made us cookies which she left, so that was nice. And I got to talk to The Nelsons when we got to SLC last night (I had to call her while she could still talk for free on weekends). Anyway it is nice to be home.
For all you football fans out there, I sat next to #88, James Adkison on the Oakland raiders football team on our way home last night. He got on in St Louis and was heading back to Oakland after flying home to see his mom because she was in the hospital with a blood clot. I was quite impressed with him...very nice, friendly, faithful (he talked about how his whole family prayed for his mom and how he knows that it helped). He took a whole week out of his busy life to spend with his mom. Kinda blew my pre concieved notion that all successful jocks are jerks. One of these days, I am going to have to get over being judgemental.
Our trip was fun. Some serious R&R...but it was rather shocking that no one turned down my bed for me or left me mints on my pillow or towel animals (after I got home)!! They definitly spoil ya on those trips. I thought it was funny. Shaun, is one of Kims sysops from England. He joined us one day and said that he had been in the rest room and he said that there was a sign there that said "employees must wash hands". He said that he waited for 5 minutes, but no one came, so he finally had to do it himself!!
Probably taking the idea of TLC on the ships a little too far...

So news from the home front. Bad news runneth rampant in my family while I am gone. Guy's appendix burst (I don't know the whole story on that yet...) and Sydney found out that she has breast cancer. They already removed the cancer, and it doesn't look like it got into her lymph nodes yet, but she is going to have to have radiation treatments, and she isn't sure yet about Chemotherapy. They aren't telling their kids everything because with Tyler in the MTC they don't feel like it is a good time to concern him with major concerns at home. In addition to the cancer, she has developed problems with her vision. She can't focus her eyes, and she is just feeling very yukky, and they don't know why yet. Her turn with fun and games....but I would be really concerned about what's going on to cause all of the problems that she is having that are unexplained. Anyway she could use your faith, and if you are fasting, please include her in your fast. And I know that Guy is "wearing a bag" after his surgery to remove the appendix that burst...and he is recovering. Moving slowly. Again, please pray for both of them.
For any of my Provo kids...the washer isn't working. This is not good timing on its part to break down since I have 1 1/2 weeks of laudry to do. I am with Brigham, I need to get a Neverbroke.com installed on my house and car. We were going to take the prius to the airport, but it had a flat tire when we went to get in it, which is still flat....and with Kim needing to catch up at work, and at home, and make a roof to go on the trailer at the mtn this weekend (there is quite a bit of snow on the mountains already), it is not a good time for repairs on the homefront too. I may have to make a trip to the laundrymat...bummer dude!!
I see also that Brett, Chad , and BJ have been here while we were gone. (they all left notes). I want ya to all feel welcome to come WHILE WERE HERE, not just while we are gone! (Is there a subliminal message were supposed to be getting about when you like to come?? :) ) Just kidding. Love ya'll! 2 1/2 weeks till I fly to Dastrups!!

Comments

Christa said…
I'm glad that Guy's ok, and we'll certainly keep Aunt Sydney in our prayers-- that's some scary stuff. I'm glad you had a great trip, but I'd much rather hear about what you saw and did than the service on the boat! You don't have anything to say about the tropical paradise that you were visiting??? You must be spoiled with too many cruises!
Christa said…
Ok-- my first post didn't show up. Let's see if this works. Take 2: I'm glad that Guy's ok, and we'll certainly keep Aunt Sydney in our prayers-- that's some scary stuff. I'm glad you had a great trip, but I'd much rather hear about what you saw and did than the service on the boat! You don't have anything to say about the tropical paradise that you were visiting??? You must be spoiled with too many cruises!
Chad said…
Hmm.. That's funny... I don't recall finding mints on MY pillow last night either. Who do we need to fire?

Health issues are not too fun. I hope they recover / end up okay.
Gramps said…
BTW folks. We left notes all over the house to lock it up when you came/left while we were gone. Yup..you guessed it. When we got home Sunday night the house wasn't locked. tsk tsk tsk......
Cambrienelson said…
Dad- you live in CEDAR HILLS UTAH... what do you have to worry about? Try LA or baltimore sometime.

I'm glad you guys had fun. YOu need to take your children and then you won't miss us so much!!

That is really sad about aunt sydney and uncle guy. Our prayers are going up for both of them.

Popular posts from this blog

A tale of two Brians

Common Answers: November Results