So, both Christa and Cambrie have been giving me static about not really saying anything about the cruise. Most of them are about the same. Eating , playing, shows , islands, eating, sleeping, eating and eating. Oh, yeah. Did I mention eating? That too.
Actually, there were a few things different about this cruise. Believe it or not, one of the decks had an ice skating rink where they had an "ice follies" type show. It was GREAT!!!! I was amazed. The costumes were fabulous! The skating was better than I have ever seen at the olympics ( it must help to not have the pressure of the olympics and the whole world watching), and they did stuff that they don't do at the olympics, alot of which is more dangerous. It was breathtaking, amazing stuff. I didn't get pictures, cause I thought they weren't allowed, so I didn't have my camera. I took one of the sysops wifes since kim didn't want to go, and she took pictures, so if she ever sends them I will have to blog a few of em. So if yer ever on a cruise ship, I would recommend, taking the time to get the tickets (the audience only held about 500 seats, so on a cruise of over 5000 people, not everyone got to see it.)
We played some shuffleboard with Pam and Clem (kim works with Pam). That was a first. We actually won. It was a challenge as the slow rocking of the boat affected the puck (or whatever it is called). It was kinda fun. They had the rock climbing wall...but we had no desire to use it.
Really, socially, it was probably the best I have been on. I got to know alot of the people that Kim brings better. And I noticed that one of the sysop wives (the one I took to the ice show with me) was alone alot and not to happy about it (her husband was playing computer games in their cabin), so I spent more time with her than I have ever spent with anyone besides Kim on those trips. So that was good. The alaska cruise is still the best, by far.
There, satisfied?

Comments

Marilyn said…
oh, yeah. It was also the largest cruise ship in the world, and the one that was on the news about a year ago cause so many people got some mystery illness. So things have changed. Now, when you walk into their dining rooms, they have an employee there next to a hand sanitizing dispenser, which they had everyone use. Seemed to work!
Christa said…
Thank you for the report. It sounds like fun!

PS. When did you cut your hair? I couldn't get in to see all of your pictures, but the two I saw look cute!
Cambrienelson said…
Take your children next time!!!
Marilyn said…
I cut it the day before the cruise...I remembered how hot and humid it was in Mexico and how my hair stuck to my neck, and I wanted no such problems this past cruise...and hey, I don't have to have the wind blowing my hair in my eyes anymore either. I will never return to long hair! I am LIBERATED!

Popular posts from this blog

A tale of two Brians

Common Answers: November Results