GUESS WHAT? I am flying to NYC for about 5 days the end of February! I am excited! Ann is going out for the whole month of Feb, to be there when Malesa's baby is born. Malesa called me last night to get some instructions on doing a baby quilt, and said, "You should come out the last week my mom is here so you could go do NYC with my mom. The baby should be 2 weeks old by then, and I would like there to be a slow transistion between having my mom there 24/7 to not there at all. So if you came you could go do stuff with her in the day, see NYC for very cheap (it is the non tourist season there, so things are cheaper and my housing would be free). As you know, Kim does NOT like to travel, so he's happy that I have found someone to go with, and he gets to stay home. So Feb 25-Mar 1 I will be in NYC! We are going to go to Ellis Island, the Statue of Liberty, a play (either Wicked or Les Miserable), go to the memorial at the Twin Towers site, check out Central park, go to the Temple for a coupla sessions! I am excited! If any of you have any MUST SEE destinations there, you will have to let me know. Amazingly, the airfare, round trip to do all of this is only $278.00!
Probably you people don't know she will be having a girl. And I also found out that Jenny and Brian will be moving from San Francisco to Nashville Tennessee soon. And also Alissa and Tom are moving to the Woodbridge area, and Carrie and George are thinking they would like move to Rexburg, Idaho area. They set up the mortgage on their current home with a balloon payment that happens 10 years after they got in...and they are thinking that if they could sell their current home and their property in Elkridge, that they could buy a home in Rexburg and have it be paid for, which would be good. So George has already had a job interview up there..
Then of course, Angela will be going to Rexburg next fall, so if Carrie moves too, that would mean all 7 of Ann's girls will live out of state! She isn't really thrilled with this whole thing. But I am telling her that the Lord is opening the way for her to do Genealogy this next fall with me!

Comments

Chad said…
New York has some great museums. And you should tour Central Park (although I haven't really done it, I've heard it's a must.)
Marilyn said…
yeah, we thought that we would check it out, but beings that the place will look dead still, we probably won't spend a whole Lotta time there.
Christa said…
Exciting! Is Cambrie doing better? Is that why you've decided to go? I'll have to call her to find out. Have a good time!
Gramps said…
Of course central park will look dead.....with all those bodies laying around.
Marilyn said…
Cambrie is getting her first feed of tube into the stomach...so far so good. But they have to get the feeding up to speed gradually, and then see if they they can ween her off her IV Zophran...so she isn't out of the woods yet. But she is alright without me now. And Kiera is having a ball playing miss socialite...and it is only 5 days...so it shouldn't be a problem.
Marilyn said…
Besides all of the great things I get to see, when I am thoughly sanitized, I get to see and enjoy Malesa's new baby too! Life is good!

Popular posts from this blog

A tale of two Brians

Common Answers: November Results