I just talked to Cambrie. Her Keytones (which is what your body produces as it cannablizes itself to live on, and at high levels keytones do damage to some of your organs-the medical people know tons more about this than I do-but they are damaging) are high enough to be seen by a Dr today and so Cambrie is in hopes that she can get some medical intervention to nourish her today. She would like to have a feeding tube put in today. If they put it far enough into the intestines, she won't be able to throw it up, and she won't be so weak: She'll at least be able to function while she is nauseated 24/7. So I know she would appreciate your prayers in her behalf, that they will cooperate with her plan of a feeding tube. The TPN they did last time isn't the best option this time because wearing an IV with Kiera pulling on it isn't a good option, and they are not covered 100% with insurance, so their co-pay for TPN would kill them ($1000.00 per day). My concern is that because this is the first time to see a Dr for this pregnancy, and he doesn't know her history, he is going to want to try everything else first: which is stuff we already know doesn't work for her. It would be great if she could see her Dr from the last pregnancy who, after all of EVERYTHING else possible that didn't work, put her on TPN. That Dr wouldn't be thinking to try all of the standard things first before they resorted to a feeding tube. But this Dr isn't that Dr, and probably won't be her Dr through the pregnancy: this is just the Dr who sees people with immediate needs and covers the same day appts. So, while the need is real, I am somewhat doubtful that he will want to cooperate with what needs to happen. So I am going to pray for the Lord to help him to see that Cambrie needs to have some real help now, and not just re-hydrate her and send her back home to continue to starve and cannabalize her own body to survive until her first appt with her OB Dr in a month. So, once again I invite all of you to say a prayer for the Lord to inspire the Dr who see's her to get her the help that she needs, now.

Breanna is there, helping with Kiera and Cambrie. Thank you BJ! You are an angel in Cambrie's time of need!

Comments

Christa said…
I'm confused. Last we heard from Cambrie, she hadn't even thrown up yet. Has she gotten worse? If not, would a doctor put a peg tube in someone who isn't even sick enough to throw up? Especially in the first trimester when things could definitely get better? I doubt it. I know her last pregnancy was a nightmare, but this one seems to be totally different (from what I've heard), so I doubt the doctor will do something based on the last pregnancy. We'll still keep her in our prayers, though.
Chad said…
I'm also confused, but a good sincere righteous prayer has yet to hurt anyone (well, unless they're bad people).
Cambrienelson said…
Correction: TPN is covered 100%, but they still hesitate to do it for cost and risks reasons.

Went to the doctor yesterday. got 2 liters of fluids via IV but came home still feeling pretty miserable. Checked my ketones again first thing this morning and they are just has bad as yesterday. So I'm going to see a doctor at Loma Linda (an entirely different hospital system) today. Hopefully they will help me out. If they are willing to at least to the equivilent of what Kaiser is doing, I'll switch over my care completely.
Gramps said…
Apparently he Dr. at Kaiser has his prayer shield up so they only bounce off.

Popular posts from this blog

A tale of two Brians

Common Answers: November Results