GREAT NEWS!!! Jacob just took about 7 steps all by himself from his physical therapist to me!!! His new therapist is a real stickler and does not let tears and screaming get to her-- she patiently sticks to her guns and waits for Jacob to do what she knows he can. So there was a lot of crying, screaming, and coaxing before it happened, BUT HE DID IT! Twice! I have to admit that I cried the first time he made it to me, and I think the therapist thought I was crying because she was so hard on Jacob, but I wasn't-- I've just waited for so long for this moment! I'm so happy!! Jacob can walk!!!

Comments

Marilyn said…
THAT IS TERRIFIC NEWS!YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!
I knew he could do it! Was he happy with himself? Or mad about it? Even if he was unhappy about having to do so, once he figures out how much nicer it is to walk, he's gonna be loving it! Your days of having to carry Jacob are about over! Yeah for the Dastrups!
Gramps said…
In the aspect of quality of Jacab's life, I'm ecstatic. Given the prospect for the little guy when he was born, words can not express the joy I feel inside. My guess is that it will take a while for him to get comfortable and start using this skill on a regular basis but hey, he may surprise us all. As for you....I'm sure you can't wait until you don't have to lug that big bundle of hugs and kisses everywhere you go. Give him a big hug from me.
Chad said…
Wow! That's awesome. I'm proud of my nephew!

I bet Dad's right - It'll take some time for him to get comfortable with it. But I'm excited for some youtube action with Jacob's new moves.
Erica said…
That is the most wonderful news ever! It makes me want to cry just reading about it! I can't imagine what it was like to be there!! :)
Unknown said…
Way to go lil' dude; your uncle Brett is proud of you!

Popular posts from this blog

A tale of two Brians

Common Answers: November Results