The original "younger Groneman Family" has been and will be out of commission for a while. Chad got the Flu on Tuesday (yes I got my flu shot), and is just now getting over it. Just in time for Erica to catch it (we think, but we hope not). This one had me miss three days of work. It gave me a 102 degree fever, made it so I couldn't get warm, even with all the blankets in our house, and made my entire body ache like a shoulder aches when it's been slugged. I was exhausted the entire time. Erica made me stay in bed most of the time.

We went to the insta-care place when we saw my 102 fever. That place was fast. We finished signing the papers giving them permission to examine me, and they gave us a form to fill out to describe what was wrong. Erica started filling it out, and had only two questions filled out when they called me back. The nurse questioned me, and told me the doctor would be in, in a few minutes. She left, and within one minute the doctor came in. Wow. Why are regular doctor's offices just the reverse?

BTW, apparently this is going around. The doctor prescribed Tamiflu (which the pharmacist told us wouldn't do any good - you need to take it right as soon as you know you have the flu in order to be effective), and 4 ibuprofen 3 times daily.

I hope you don't get it. Nor what Cambrie has, unless your name is Christa and you are pregnant.

Comments

Marilyn said…
Here, Here!! Amen about Christa, and BTW, could Erica have that same flu Cambrie has? And perhaps Christa? :)
:) :) That would just be GREAT news, but I think I am really safe from that particular bug!
Whatever Erica has, I hope the nausea passes soon!
Marilyn said…
BTW Chad, I AM sorry that you were sick again, already! Seems like you just did that for some reason! Just how many times did you think you must pass through that particular trial this winter season??!!
Brigham said…
Hope you didn't spend any money on Tamiflu--and hope you are feeling better!
Christa said…
My name is Christa, and I certainly don't have what Cambrie has-- thank goodness.
Gramps said…
Wow. Your name is Christa. Thanks for sharing! Life just ain't fair is it Chad/Erica. Good thing you have each other to take care of you. If there is a silver lining to being sick, it's having the one you love pamper you. (I should know)
Erica said…
Today is our month anniversary (yay!), and we have spent about a week and a half of our married lives sick. I am just happy that Chad has finally been able to sleep and actually get warm--and we finally got control of that fever that kept coming back!

No, we didn't spend any money on medicine (Teraflu or whatever it was), by the way, so we're happy about that.

As for me, I'm sure I don't have whatever Cambrie has, and I'm back at work today--hoping that the energy lasts throughout the day. I slept pretty much all day yesterday, which was really really good.
Cambrienelson said…
I'm sorry you 2nd generation groneman's were sick. No fun!!!!! Glad it is going away
Marilyn said…
ERICA! I am sorry you were sick too! Somehow I had the impression it was Chad that was layed out with it! OK, now you two have had your turn: It is time to let other people have a turn...
I am sure Cambrie's wishing that her turn being sick could be as short...
Sorry, punkin: But your eventual outcome is a lot better!

Popular posts from this blog

A tale of two Brians

Common Answers: November Results