Brett's Update

Yep. Still engaged. School has started back up, and it's still looking busy enough.

Lets see . . . I finally got my bike fixed today. I put my new derailleur on that Dad gave me for Christmas. It works nicely Dad. Thanks. Then I had to try to patch two holes, and fought that for way too long. When I realized that one was essentially unpatchable, I made a trip to Macey's and bought a $3 bike tube . . . If I would have known that they were only $3, I wouldn't have spent so much time on it to begin with. As someone stole my bike pump and my electric car pump doesn't do anything firmer than a latex balloon (didn't know that when I bought it. Good thing it's got a gage for 200 PSI and won't go past zero), I just walked it to a gas station to fill up the tire. So it's in working condition now, so I can ride it again -- when the 7 inches of new snow from last night melts.

Katie and I decided that since we've got a while until our wedding, we'd try to hit up a bunch of these bridal fairs here in Utah and Salt Lake Valleys, and try to win free stuff. Last Saturday was the first of a long string of them coming up. There was a bunch of contests and drawings there, and some other drawings you enter to win there and they draw later. We were going for a free 5-day vacation to anywhere we wanted. Unfortunately, we didn't win that, but Katie did win a free microdermabrasion (meh), and she just found out today that she won a free string of pearls (necklace or something) and 50% off a dude's ring. So I guess the pearls are probably valuable. Either way, it was $5 for both of us to get in, and we got food. Including éclairs. I'll tell you if we win anything exciting this weekend.

Comments

Christa said…
Not a bad haul for your first fair! Good work! You should have it all by the time you finally get married!
Cambrienelson said…
I never could get steve to go with me to bridal fairs. Good for you bert.
Katie Groneman said…
Brett has been great to go with me to the shows... I'm not much of a shopper, so it's lucky I have him to help me get through it.
Gramps said…
Good for you Steve. So Bretsker, does Katie have a decent bike so you folks can do some fun things or does she have to ride on your handle bars?
Marilyn said…
Yes, at this point your time is worth more than an old holey tube. So, did Katie pick up her pearls? She must not be a Groneman YET. The best thing any of us Groneman's have ever won is 1 " square of land in every state in the nation! I even have the certificate around here somewhere to prove it! So enjoy those pearls Katie!
Erica said…
I didn't even think of bridal fairs when we were engaged...but then again, we had like two minutes to prepare for our wedding, or something like that... :) This is fun for you to be able to live it up!

Popular posts from this blog

A tale of two Brians

Common Answers: November Results