Chad's work

I just got word that my team at work is getting assigned a new project. We've been warned that it might be coming to us, and now it has. Management is telling us to wrap up our work on our current product and start on this new one.

I'm excited about this new product, because I see it as being the future of the company. It's basically digital material management for libraries - so you can view artwork, special collections, video, or anything that can be digitized that the library has. We're very exited about it. It's going to keep me very busy for the next 8 months or so, though, because I'll still be the lead developer for the project. I'm going to see if I can get them to hire a Senior software engineer for the project.

Once we're done with the initial release, my team will be responsible for both the new product and the one we've been working on.

Comments

Erica said…
I'm so proud of you, Hon! :)
Marilyn said…
Sounds GREAT!! I am excited about it too, because the more libraries digitize their data, the sooner more info will be online for me to do geneology research! Go Chad go!
Gramps said…
It sounds wonderful...especially as people I know are losing their jobs. Are you finished enough with your current project to "Wrap it up"?
Chad said…
We'll drop a few features, but yes we are at a point where we can send it off for full testing and to have the documentation finalized.

Popular posts from this blog

A tale of two Brians

Common Answers: November Results