I AM HOOKED!

Yesterday was my first productive day at the Family History Library and it was fun! I went once before when I didn't know that you need to do some preliminary work online to have stuff ready to find. You get on line and figure out what microfilms that you need then all you have to do is go pull them and search for your people. I arrived at 9 am and left at 9pm when they closed. I was having so much fun, I didn't want to stop to go eat...they had a lunchroom so I did stop once to go eat a sandwich I brought, and an apple...but that was it. I found documents that were nearly 300 years old on my people! That is FUN! It really is like a treasure hunt. Yes, I know what you are thinking: MOM< you have GOT to GET A LIFE! :) I have one, and I LOVE IT! Some day, you will all be addicts too! You shall see! THE FHL was FULL of users. I kind of got to know 3 different people yesterday while I was scrolling through my microfilms, who had all traveled to come use the FHL (Salt Lake Location, of course)...one was from Wales, one was from England, and one was from New York. And I don't like to pay for parking! WAH! I enjoyed my $5.00 parking bill after that.

Comments

Gramps said…
I'm glad you found something worthwhile to do while I'm either out making money or out exploring the world.
Marilyn said…
Yes, dear, I have! And I do appreciate you making money so that I can pursue my habit! :)
You need to take a trip with me and see how productive it is when you have done the research ahead of time! It is fun!
Katie Groneman said…
My mom used to go every week - I don't think they can now since they are doing the mission thing up there. But going with a carpool worked out great for them since they split the $5 parking fee between about 3 people.

Popular posts from this blog

A tale of two Brians

Common Answers: November Results