What I wanna be when I grow up

I decided what I want to do when I grow up. I took a business trip to California. The plane was only half full and the weather was clear so I chose a seat next to the window where I could look down over the landscape as we flew down the I-15 corridocr from Salt Lake City to Orange County. Going down through central and Southern Utah I noticed that outside of the main traffic area next to the freeway, there were hundreds of square miles of mountainous and desert area where there were only a few dirt roads, but not enough to cover all the ground. I found myself wanting to be on any of those roads or hiking in any of those canyonns. There was so much area that I couldn't imagine how man had walked or explored every mile. As we approached then passed the St. George area, the landscape turned to Desert and I could see that there were many areas where there didn't appear to be any roads. The same flying over nevada.....lots of little mountains and flowing deserts (interesting how the erosion patters were so evident from the air. Large desert areas flowing into the next, lower elevation desert area.) Very few roads were evident and there were entire valleys where there were no roads. I decided on that flight that if I were independantly wealthy, had my helath, and could convince friends and/or family to do it with me, I would spend my time exploring. I would fly over areas with map in hand and mark places I wanted to try to get to. Then I would get my jeep, trailer, and ATVs and head out. Desert in the spring and fall and mountains in the summer. There's so much uninhabited land out there and not only would I enjoy the exploring, but I would enjoy the fresh air and the sunshine and the rainstorms and the just being outdoors. I would also enjoy the campfires and joking around with my loved ones around them. It will never happen because I'll never be rich, but it is how I would choose to spend the rest of my life just so you know.

Comments

Marilyn said…
I am Glad you are not rich.You would have to find someone else to do it with, I have 0 desire to go explore the ugliest places on the planet, and from St george to California's mtns are just DOG ugly places!

Popular posts from this blog

A tale of two Brians

Common Answers: November Results