Angels & Demons

I remember Christa recommended Angles & Demons when the Davinci Code was popular and I always meant to read it. Now that the movie has come out I decided to finally read the book. I'm only half way through it but I have to comment. No matter how good the writer is and no matter how exciting the plot is, if there is a glaring oversight/mistake in the book it kind of takes some of the punch out of it. This book has such a mistake...and it's a big one since it's the entire premise of the book so far. Someone stole a wireless camera from a stair well inside Vatican city. They moved it and are showing the (I'll leave what it's showing to your imagination if you haven't read the book). Hello!!!! It's a wireless video camera transmitting pictures to the Swiss Guard. That means it's the only thing in Vatican city transmitting on that frequency. That means they could triangulate on it and find it within 10 minutes. Do they think of that? No. With all the high tech gear and training the Swiss Guard has they don't think to triangulate the transmitting camera. Sorry....just had to vent. I'm amazed the book is as popular as it is with an error as big as that.

Comments

Marilyn said…
Most of us in the dummy category would only suspect that it could be found easily some way, but not knowing specifically how, would likely give it the benefit of the doubt...which I am sure is what they are banking on (and it must be working!)
Gramps said…
You're not in any dummy category. Sit me down with a sewing pattern and you'll run circles around me. We just know different stuff.
Stevo said…
Wait until you get to the infamous helicopter scene--it's near the end. Both of his books were fun though
Stevo said…
good news about the movie--the helicopter scene is more believable than in the book

Popular posts from this blog

A tale of two Brians

Common Answers: November Results