My last update from the Dastrups


Tomorrow EARLY- I leave. Christa will be on her own for 1 week until Cambrie arrives. Ty is doing SO much better in the sleep dept...still lots of room for improvement, but for the last 2 nights CK has only needed to get up with him two times, and he has taken a 3 plus hour nap for the last 2 days in a row. Thanks for your fasting and prayers folks and thanks to whats-his-bucket for writing the Sleep Bible book that CK and Cambrie and Erica love (right, Erica?). We are glad he is saving this generation of mothers from the bone wearying tiredness I felt for the most of the first 10 years after having children, because they didn't sleep as they should have. WHAT CUSHY LIVES YOU ALL LEAD WITH EPIDERALS AND SLEEP BIBLES TO SAVE YOU (Erica excluded with the epideral).
Having said all that, CK and Brigham are currently going on a walk cause they can't stand to hear the baby scream. The first night, it was about 2 1/2 hours, last night about 25 minutes, and tonight, is yet to be determined. We will have to wonder about that probably until Cambrie arrives so someone has time to let us know what is going on here, as CK will be very busy and tired this week.
Ty has managed to wrap me around his little finger this month...it makes my heart ache to leave that little soul. I will miss the rest of the Dastrups too, but you all know that I adore babies, so they usually take first place! But Moab and a whole lot of catching up at home will be waiting for me, so I will not have too much time to mourn over it. I am looking forward to enjoying the green of my yard. It looked lush compared to what I am seeing here! I really like what this area has done with their desert conditions, but I like not looking like I am in a desert even more!

Comments

Chad said…
I'm crossin' my fingers that li'l Ty sleeps 10 hours without interruption for the next two years at least.
Marilyn said…
Thanks! I am sure Christa will concur! BTW, Christa is the most patient mother I have ever seen with the really difficult situation she has been facing! Remarkable, really! I just think there are a lot of mom's out there that would relate to this t-shirt!
Erica said…
There are things I like in the book, but really we have done our own thing (taking some of the advice, and not some of it). So not sure I swear by it, but it was good info.

I'm so glad Ty is doing better in the sleep department!

Popular posts from this blog

A tale of two Brians

Common Answers: November Results