New Job Part 2

So Brett is currently sitting in his nursing orientation for the hospital - lucky guy! While he starts his new job, I'm pleased to announce that I've been hired as well (and in this economy we're both very happy to have jobs).

I got called yesterday and was given a job at Fort Herriman Middle School (it's west off of Bangerter, about a 35 minute drive from Cedar Hills). I'll be teaching 8th grade science (a little bit of physics, geology, ecology, etc.) and 9th grade earth systems (I'm actually not really sure what that is yet...) I'm technically trained to teach 7th grade and biology, but that's not what most people need right now. They're letting me work towards getting certified to teach 8th grade and earth systems over about 3 years, while teaching it, so it's not really too much of a problem. I'm nervous, but they seem to have a lot of teams put into place to help teachers support each other, which I'll be taking advantage of.

I had a horrible dream about my first day teaching - hopefully it's not a bad omen, just nerves.

We took all the cardboard boxes from moving to the recycling bin yesterday - yay! It's starting to look habitable down here.

Comments

Cambrienelson said…
Congrats! man, I'm sure it is a relief to finally know what is going on in life now so you can make future plans. Wow-- my sister in law is a real teacher now. Cool.
Chad said…
Yes, congrats indeed. Herriman's not bad... 8th grade probably will be, but Herriman's not too bad.

When do you start? August?
Gramps said…
I already told you congrats yesterday. :-) I'm glad you got a nice teaching job....too bad it's over the point of the mountain you'll have to drive in the winter :-( All in all, it's not much longer of a drive than it is to Provo from here. My mind has a mental block about traveling north of the point of the mountain.
Erica said…
Way to go, Katie! That's awesome. I'm excited for both of you guys.
Marilyn said…
I am VERY happy to have all the people in the family that want to be employed, with jobs! I am sure (like the nursing openings aren't as many as nurses who'd quit are coming back because of the economy)great there are probably a lot of retired teachers trying to get jobs as well. Course, with Katie applying, they had no chance! :)

Popular posts from this blog

A tale of two Brians

Common Answers: November Results