I am monopolizing the computer tonight to avoid Ty's crying. This is the first big day of sleep training, and he is currently on his way to crying himself to sleep, for the first time. I can't hear him in here with the distance between us, or I would be highly tempted to go in there and rescue him. Brigham is essentially in the same room with him, trying to sleep, after his 34 hour shift at the Hospital finished this afternoon. Oh, FLASH NEWS RELEASE: He is no longer asleep, he just came in the computer room. I think it will be a very long night, especially for the parental units, as this will be the first night Ty has EVER gone to sleep on his own...and he is one very determined little boy! And he is determined to have someone get him to sleep. Today for his nap, we had to get him to sleep a total of 4 times for 1 nap. He wakens very easily, and he doesn't seem to know how to go back to sleep without help.

Benjamin is off to his new school's open house, with some ward members that were going. He and Jacob won't be in the same school next fall, which will be nice for Christa...no more driving back and forth to school every day, and they will both ride the bus. Freedom!!!!

Benjamin is sporting his new glasses today for the first time. They look good on him! Christa had NO idea that he needed glasses, she was just checking off the things that she needed to do to get him into school next fall. He REALLY needed them...that must be why when Benjamin was playing Wii at our house he would always get so close to the screen, with Gramps saying constantly, "Benjamin, get back here...." again and again.

Last night I made the cream cheese/marshmellow dip for some strawberries. Benjamin was loving every mouth full, and after maybe 10, he says to his mom, " So, mom, since this is a more healthy treat, because it has fruit in it, does that mean I can have more???" Smart boy! Speaking of smart, he has been spending more time with the 1st grade class recently instead of just being in Jacobs class, and yesterday, he came home with some pretty impressive addition worksheet that he did. I am sure he will be able to leap directly into first grade next year with the current info they have on him from the teachers who have been working with him. He is reading on a 3rd grade level and he is in pre-school. It would be BAD to put him in kindergarten, he would be bored to tears! He may be anyway!

Yesterday, I went to pick up the boys from school. When the teacher came out she told me that they have a new nickname for Jacob, "Macgiver". Macgiver, for you younger generation that aren't familiar with it, was a series that used to be on TV maybe 30 years ago. It was about a guy who could get in or out of any situation he needed to no matter how secure the place was. The teacher says it never ceases to amaze her how quickly Jacob can figure out how to get into things that he's not supposed to be able to figure. But, that is not news to any of you people!

I leave bright and early monday AM to meet Kim in Moab! The group plans on taking an afternoon ATV ride, so I will have to really push it to meet them. It is a 6 hour trip for me and a 4 hour trip for them. Don't push for an early start honey...Well, that is about it!

Comments

Chad said…
Owww! I feel for you all. It's so hard to hear a baby cry.
Marilyn said…
Tell me about it...it has been nearly 2 hours already, and that was with getting up for a scheduled feeding about 1/2 hour ago, and he didn't go to sleep after that! I can't hide out in here forever! I will be praying EXTRA HARD for him tonight to sleep unaided! I cannot do this all day tomorrow, that is for sure!
Katie Groneman said…
I actually do know that show, my brother-in-law, Justin, has all the seasons on DVD and all of his kids can sing the theme song. Macgyver lives on!
Cambrienelson said…
Good update.
I'm proud of my brilliant nephew, my escape artist nephew is amazing, and my poor little crying nephew needs to learn to sleep!
Erica said…
Of course I know Macgiver! I grew up watching and LOVING that show! :) I heard they're bringing it back. Don't know what channel or anything, but I thought that was fun news.

I'm proud of Benjamin! I'd love to see a picture of him sporting his new glasses.

Popular posts from this blog

A tale of two Brians

Common Answers: November Results