Our Funny Boy

Jacob LOVES Oreo cookies. I bought some Oreo knock-offs for him, which he has enjoyed thoroughly. Today while sweeping the kitchen, there was a big fragment of cookie in the pile of dirt. Benjamin asked me a question, and I turned back around just in time to see the piece of cookie that had previously been in the dirt pile inches from Jacob's mouth. I shouted, "NOOOO!" which startled him sufficiently to keep the cookie from reaching its target. I put it back in the dirt pile and swept it all into the garbage-- under some existing trash in case Jacob decided to look for it. Well, I came back from putting the broom away only to find that piece of cookie once again inches from his mouth. Fortunately another shout once again disrupted it's trajectory, and that time it went down the disposal. Poor Jacob was left without a cookie.

And while on the subject of Jacob, yesterday he ran away from home and moved in with our next door neighbors. To make a long story short, he got out when Benjamin's friend came over, and he just let himself into our neighbor's house and started going through their things. Our neighbor sent her son over to ask if the strange boy in her house belonged to us, so fortunately we were able to retrieve him. That boy keeps me on my toes!

Comments

Erica said…
Oh, man! Do you know your neighbors very well?

Jacob is so lucky to have you as a mom. Cute boy.
Chad said…
I like oreos too.
Unknown said…
ah good story...

He's probably had worse to eat behind your back though.
Gramps said…
Heaven only knows what that kid does when nobody is looking. Out wandering the neighborhood though is a worrysome thing. That's not good.

Popular posts from this blog

A tale of two Brians

Common Answers: November Results